I was bored and designed something.

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Wanako

I was bored and designed something.

Post by Wanako »

I was looking around on different car forums and I'm now a frequent on mazda3forums.com. It'll probably be my next ride. ANYWAY, I saw somebody designed a logo for the Mz3 Hatchbacks and made little stickers and I thought it looked awesome. Here it is:

So then I thought "I wanna try that graphic style on a Beretta." So I taught myself Illustrator last night and came out with this:

Sure it's may not be all that, but I tried my best with it. :wink: It took me hours to make this. It's still a prototype beacuse it has some rough lines in there that I need to smooth out. I tried to get the most distinctive lines of our cars and incorporate it into the simplistic design. I think I got enough of them to make it quite recognizable.
The text placement is pretty stupid, I know, but I don't know what else to do with it. What do you guys think of it?
Maybe I can use this as the logo for the calendar? hmmm... 8)

Has anyone else done this already, like Woody? I haven't seen a design like this around.

NMBeretta

Re: I was bored and designed something.

Post by NMBeretta »

I think it looks sick! Just touch it up a bit. Make stickers out of it and I will buy!!!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Ill take 6 please. One for each of my Berettas, even the ones that dont run. At least they all have glass!

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

i like it myself and would buy one also

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Maybe connect the tires like the one youve got as an example. Makes the car look like its sitting on something.

Codyisin

Post by Codyisin »

Cody is in for one aswell!

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Looks good! The general term for a graphic like that is a "stylization." The idea is to say give as much of an impression as you can with as little detail as possible. I've a few of them for event t-shirts over the years.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

BTW Woody, offtopic, but ill pay you to redo your GTZ one with GTZ wheels...

jene

Post by jene »

looks nice... id buy one!

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

get a hold of mike pride as far as using it for the calendar and what not, and as far as using beretta.net, mainly because the committee is being handled more like a business these days and I dont know if he needs to give you something in writing to use it or not.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

If you decide to cut stickers of this, which is SICK by the way, let me know as I have recently made friends with a guy that owns a die cut machine!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

woody90gtz wrote:Looks good! The general term for a graphic like that is a "stylization." The idea is to say give as much of an impression as you can with as little detail as possible. I've a few of them for event t-shirts over the years.
THAT'S what it's called! I had the term at the tip of my tongue. lol. I was kinda proud of my design and then I saw yours. That logo looks so badass. :good:
I so fail. :lol: It's cool though. I'm kinda weak in graphic design. Photography is my true forte. Not bad for my first try though.

:beer:

Another thing, are you using the Font style that's on the front page or is that a different one?
diedemus wrote:get a hold of mike pride as far as using it for the calendar and what not, and as far as using beretta.net, mainly because the committee is being handled more like a business these days and I don't know if he needs to give you something in writing to use it or not.
Yeah, I thought so. I knew I read about that somewhere. I only put the Beretta.net on it for now just for display purposes. I'll talk to Mike about it as it seems people want STICKERS! :D There's a little more demand than I thought. What's his screen name?

As far as the design itself, I made it with stickers in mind and designed it to be used with a die-cutter. I still have to finalize it and figure out the placement of the site address as I'm not too happy with it yet. I was originally planning on using BStuff.com but I wouldn't want to promote a site that keeps getting a 403 error, right? :ROFL: I'm gonna play around with it a little more and maybe caricature the design just a tad. Woody, you got any suggestions?? I want to try using a vanishing point on the text in respect to the rear end of the car, but I can't figure out Illustrator's Free Transform tool, if it has one... It's got to have one... right?? %)

Off topic... ever since stationing myself on this site, THIS has got to be one of the top ten smileys EVER: :burn: It speaks to me.

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

lol, I am probably going to be adding some more emotes and whatnot over the next couple weeks, I am also going to be starting the code for the new bfest registration and gallery sub section of bnet

mikes sn is quad4berettagtz on here

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Hey will, while youre watching the thread, how about Tapatalk! Teh emotes can wait lol

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

I agree with Dan and Ryan...those are SICK and i want some!!!