First post from my new house!

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
woody90gtz

Re: First post from my new house!

Post by woody90gtz »

Me either, probably won't be done until after Vegas. But the garage is back in working condition!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Reptile_ZX

Post by Reptile_ZX »

That's a hell of a place you've got, Woody. Can I move into the garage attic? I'll pay rent lol.

Formally 94base3100 of Bstuff.
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Now that I'm done with the truck I put the Camaro away for the winter. Slid it 1" from the far wall so there's plenty of room to tear down the Beretta and remedy my clutch issue.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Sweet! I'm jealous of the space but I'm glad mine can still hide from the snow in the winter, even if she's not as near to me as I'd like.

Reptile_ZX

Post by Reptile_ZX »

Wow, tons of room to work even with the Camaro in there. That place looks way to clean to be a garage lol.

Formally 94base3100 of Bstuff.
Vampcrist

Post by Vampcrist »

Hey Woody got enough sound in that little garage??? lol That sterro looks like it could shake your signs off the wall in there.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Well, I haven't updated this thread in a while. I did some cleaning & organizing in the garage when we got back from Vegas, and then tackled what turned out to be a much bigger kitchen project than expected.

Plan: fix drain leak & install new counter tops & faucet.

Reality: replace all water damaged wood from hidden drain leak, all new drain plumbing, paint walls, install new counter tops & faucet.

Apparently the previous owner forgot to glue one of the PVC connections, so water just poured out inside the wall. Ended up soaking through the sill plate, through the floor to the floor joist and header. It even ran down the finished basement wall and soaked up through the subfloor to the carpet. That's how we found it, by tearing apart the spare room in the basement. Didn't cost a ton of money to fix, just took a lot of time. Tiffwad has been without a functional kitchen for a week! haha

Notice the Summit sticker on the microwave? Makes it cook faster...

I have a new black stove coming in from Home Depot on Thursday and I'm refinishing our hood to match it. I took the Franke granite sink back because I read an overwhelming amount of reviews that said they were a piece of crap. Still thinking about getting either a Moen or Blanco. I can't stand the shiny. And the granite ones I'm looking at are much deeper. Since we don't have a dishwasher, that would be a big plus.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

That water leak looked awesome! But kitchens lookin good! Ill send you a car cover for the Retta for Xmas! Whats your address lol.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Got the bench cleaned up and a lot of tool organizing done. Got lots of tools for Christmas too which was sweet. Also had a decent amount of room to work on my kitchen remodel when I moved the Beretta close to the Camaro. Added a new rolling welding table from work that used to be a home-made beveler in the 70s. haha And I put up some posters and storage bins for nuts & bolts. Next project will be cleaning out the attached wall and installing a 30,000btu vented wall heater.

Oh, finished up the kitchen too. Put in the new stove and de-chromed & spray bombed the fridge. :D

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hey Susie garage maker.... Wanna swing by my place and help me organize?

LOL

When you ripping the trans from the beretta? You seem about as far behind as I am... Currently the wrong car is transmission less than what I should have... BUT this year I'll have a handy dandy transmission jack to get my driveline out! yahoo!

My list of things to do is the LSD, re-check all gaskets, tap and helicoil all the exhaust bolt holes, and any others that are stripping out... IIRC my tensioner one was on its last leg. And I need to take the two bolt flange that S&S used for the header crossover and replace that with a V-band clamp. I'm tired of leaks.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

:ROFL: the carrie underwood poster fits in real well.

garage looks nice and organized. just wait till the first project. i still need to re-organize mine and go through my chests and put in the drawer liner like you got. i picked some up before christmas from sears when they had it for half off.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah, I'm definitely behind and I still have a cellar room to redo the subfloor & wall where there was water damage from the kitchen leak. And flooring in the kitchen/living room since the carpet smells like bulldog. I found some "midnight oak" flooring that's basically a black with a woodgrain. Looks tits!

As for the trans, I never did end up pulling a 4T60E, but looks like I will be dropping a 4L60E. Still haven't heard back from the salvage place yet whether they have my pedals, etc for the 5spd swap for the truck. I should call them.

I had to work on Tiff's Gaybaru last weekend and it was really nice to have all the tools organized!

I've got to pull the Beretta trans, replace the clutch and probably upgrade the hydraulics and do my rear disc swap. I still have the caliper brackets in a box at work waiting to finish the machining.

And I wanted to pull the front sheetmetal off the Camaro to cut & reweld my rad support where it needs to be aligned due to my wedged subframe. Then I'll know exactly where the final stance will be and I can order tires for 18s...

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah I started in on my subi clutch on saturday... They use TORX bolts to hold the flywheel on... I broke two sockets trying to get them out and had to drill the head off of one bolt. I ordered a set of Hex head bolts to replace them since they are just useless in torx form. I also had to order a new pilot bearing since that got damaged when one of the sockets broke. Clutch didn't look bad, but it was definitely worn down and time for replacement since I'm going to be slapping a set of headers and a downpipe on it soon and pushing it up to 19PSI.

I should have all my parts together and be able to possibly start re-assembly tonight if I have time, but I need to leave work now in 25 min to go receive my new fridge... I'm tired of the current one deciding its going to shut off for 8 hours and then turn back on.

As far as the trans jack goes, I've always used my floor jack with a board to spread the load but it would tip and tilt and be unstable... Amy's father went out and was trying to find the trans jack thats on a 3ft hydraulic cylinder to use when putting my subi trans back in, but all he could get at the local store was a floor jack model with the trans plate on it, we'll just slap that on top of his roll around cart and it will probably end up being a bit more stable that the original taller version... But since it's a floor jack design I can use it on my Beretta when I go to pull the 4t60e later. I tend to do my Beretta work in my shop, but I brought the subi to her fathers to use the lift since it was going to be much easier.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

You using a printer at work for those photos you printed on the wall?

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

bonecrrusher wrote:You using a printer at work for those photos you printed on the wall?
What's it matter to you? haha

GEARHEAD dezign youtube