New company with 2.8/3.1 and 3100 cai's

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made

Post by Guest »

Oh............and if nobody noticed, I should also point out that his CAI made 10whp by 5K rpm and HELD IT ALL THE WAY TO THE REV LIMITER.

THAT is a DAMN good gain.

Post by Guest »

Quote (Beretta28GT @ Mar. 27 2004,23:51)Thank you soo much! Its impossible to find cold air intakes for beretta's. Is that an American price or Canadian?? And what about shipping prices?? Im very interested, but just need to get the cash in. It looks amazing, I cant wait to have one of those sittin under the hood
Well, since we're in the US, that would be US funds ;)  Shipping to Canada runs more then normal US ground -- it depends on your location, but I'd guess $15-17US

Post by Guest »

Um..........BTW.........what mods (if any) were on that car that the dyno was done to?

Post by Guest »

Uuuhhhmmm, I want one !!

Post by Guest »

I have a 1988 Beretta Gt (the half year with the MAF sensor) and i have read all the posts here and some people have said you might just be able to cut a piece out for the MAF sensor and use an aftermarket intake like the cold air intake sold by Transzgenic.  Would that be a better idea to go about doing that rather than doing the Speed Density Upgrade?  If not, does anybody have any information on the speed density upgrade and where i can find the exact info. on doing the changeover?  The cold air intake looks sick and i would love to buy one immediately if i could get this SDU or even just cut out a piece of the pipe from the cold air intake kit.  Thanks guys

Post by Guest »

I'd do the speed density upgrade and get the updated ECU coding and eliminate the semi restrictive MAF (in addition to the old canister style airbox).

Instructions (I believe they are full instructions) are here: http://www.bstuff.com/index.php?showtopic=9570

I would save a little cash and use the oportunity to get BOTH the intake AND an FFP chip ($115 IIRC) for a nice bump of 5+whp at the power peak (probably more since the MAF is going away), and nearly 15hp at high rpm..........

VERY noticeable.

Post by Guest »

Thanks bigbuls i am going to go with the speed density upgrade it seems very easy to do!!!  I do have a question about it thought...will i have two IAT sensors after i am done cause i think i have one sitting underneath the airbox right now...would this be allright to have two IAT sensors?  Please scold me if i am asking a dumb question but i am just unsure...thanks again guys!

Post by Guest »

this cai looks sweet, as soon as i get the money i'm going to order one, i've been looking for one for a few months now....

Post by Guest »

Quote (BIGBULS @ April 28 2004,12:23)I would save a little cash and use the oportunity to get BOTH the intake AND an FFP chip ($115 IIRC) for a nice bump of 5+whp at the power peak (probably more since the MAF is going away), and nearly 15hp at high rpm..........

VERY noticeable.
they jacked the price up to 150 for the chip now!!

jerrod

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

aaron- while i was cleaning up my 92 GTZ i was looking around for places to stick a CAI besides straight down. I took that rubbery grommet thingy off that holds the tube for the stock intake and there is quite a hole there that may work good for that sort of thing. I dont know how it would work with the battery though... I'll try to get more photos maybe with the battery installed. Just a thought anyways?

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package

Post by Guest »

The problem is not the space around the battery -- the problem is the upper radiator hose.  On the 90-93's it goes above the throttle body, so I can't get a pipe to go "up" where it needs to to get into that hole.

The 94 radiator on the Q4 sits the hose BELOW the TB, as you can see in the pictures of Joker's Intake - so I was able to go "above" the hose.

I really need a car I can spend a few hours with -- I think I can make it go down and around in the wheel well, similar to RamairGTZ's intake.

Chris88CL

Post by Chris88CL »

Does that mean Mike and I get to take another roadtrip?  Yippee!

blackberettaZ26

Post by blackberettaZ26 »

Where are you stencil I would like to buy an intake but havent heard word back from you yet.

Post by Guest »

I've been here -- I just don't check forums that often.  If you need to get ahold of me about an intake, sales@tranzgenic.com is the address to contact me at.

souly4him

Post by souly4him »

I was wondering, if I was building a 2.8 with a 3100 top end which one would I order?

null

89 GT 2.8 auto
88 GT 5spd 3400 (project)
94 Z26 Quad 5spd
"It is better to think of the church in the ale house than to think of the ale house in the church." - Martin Luther