Best look/hub size?

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
96B-Mike

Best look/hub size?

Post by 96B-Mike »

What size rims/tire profile is the best look with a 2inch drop and will be "flush" with fenders?
*isnt a 2inch drop the common aftermarket suspension upgrade for the berettas?*

What is the hub size for the beretta's?

This is the look i am trying to go for (Yes i know beretta's cannot be "slammed" but i would like to be close)

96B-Mike

Re: Best look/hub size?

Post by 96B-Mike »

notice how the rims are flush along with the fenders...oh yeah thats sex right there

Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

i had 18's with a 45 series tire that still wasnt that flush, with a 2" drop. now, with our cars we cant run camber like they can on hondas (well safely that is). so it would rub every crack in the road you hit. 35 offset is damn near flush, and all just depends on the tire you run

1991 GTZ: RIP
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Heres Baims retta, Hes running the exact same setup (lowering springs, struts and tire size) that i will be running soon
He has 2" intrax lowering springs with kyb struts and 225/45/17 tires
http://www.motortopia.com/cars/1991-che ... retta-1730

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

same color as mine! nice find

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

You need to roll your fenders to get ANYWHERE near flush on out cars. The rear quarters have a serious lip that needs to be folded up.

Up front theres a lip as well that needs to be folded. You probably cant use fender lines afterwards.

The problem with flushness and our cars is the fender flares that we have. With a flush tire, it will rub as soon as you tuck tire. Its just the nature our fender design.

You can run narrower tires to combat this a little. Many of the cars you see are runing tires like 195/55/15 or so. Maybe even smaller like a 185/50.

You can camber the rear some to gain more clearance. You could shim the bottom hub bolts, or make a custom plate. Theres nothing unsafe with a little camber, maybe up to 3 degrees or so.

I would love to see a beretta with a nice fitment. Unfortunately without a bolt on coilover option its hard to pull it off.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Barry wrote:I would love to see a beretta with a nice fitment.
Sorry Barry but when someone says this regarding the style noted above it just BUGS the hell out of me because its not nice fitment. Its a style that some choose to run.

So yeah, In my personal opinion setting a car up like that is a waste of time since it takes the car and makes it un-usable. But to each their own.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

You can pull some functionality in it. InsteAd of narrow and low offset go wider and more offset. Like 17x8.5 +45. Maybe a spacer for strut clearance then the rest is all fender work

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Jon i feel the same way, one speed bump or pothole and its toast, with cars like that its shows or nothing.

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
ADKBeretta

Post by ADKBeretta »

i always felt that the Beretta looked best with a 5-spoke alloy with white-lettered BF Goodrich T/A's and a modest drop to take the wheel gap out.

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Barry wrote:You can pull some functionality in it. InsteAd of narrow and low offset go wider and more offset. Like 17x8.5 +45. Maybe a spacer for strut clearance then the rest is all fender work
+45 would be way too close to the spring perch on a stock strut.

This is how mine fits with the 17x8.5 +21 and way too much camber. (this was pre-alignment)

Cliff Scott
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Very true, but to have 4 of the same wheels you will need more offset and spacers up front. The hub to fender distance is much less in the rear of these cars then than it is up front, however the hub to shock distance is greater than the hub to strut distance.

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

True, my rears are effectively +35 offset.

Cliff Scott