Throttle body porting 3.1 L

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
beretta

Re: Throttle body porting 3.1 L

Post by beretta »

ok so... i just swapped the IAC .. idle control valve with a used one from 1 of the 3x00 throttle bodies i have, they look to be the same, different part numbers but it plugs in the same and went into my throttle body..

Fired it up and it idles perfect even turned down the set screw i had adjusted out before. shut it off and started it a few times seems to be great, havent taken it for a spin yet so im hoping it stays working lol.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

That will work, as long as it doesn't get stuck. I'm sure you looked them both over very well before you put the 3100 on.

keep'em flying!
beretta

Post by beretta »

Update... took it for a drive today a few times and still seems to idle good. havent had no problems with it idling high or not idling at all it stays at the same spot all the time, so i guess my IAC was bad. all is well now and works as if it was made to be on the car LOL.

Once it warms up im going to hit the wrecking yard and get a few dozen throttle bodies and experiment with them and see how big the stock one can be bored out.

Money pit Beretta

Glad to hear it!
Do you have a G-meter or something?

keep'em flying!
beretta

Post by beretta »

Last edited by beretta on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Money pit Beretta

http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5515
Just something that may help that. Check to make sure one would fit. Snag a 3100 cap from the JY to be sure before you buy a vented cap. Or look for one of the older vented 3100's. All info needed is in that topic.
I remember my old 3.1 cap, but don't know if they are the same size.

keep'em flying!
beretta

Post by beretta »

you think it could be from my oil cap not breathing well enough ???

Im talking about the tube that comes off the front rocker cover, the egr valve is on the rear one, the front one is just a tube that runs into the intake. there is blow by from it but nothing crazy, i still would rather not have oil going into my intake though. ive seen some people use small filter that will go into the hole. im sure without the intake sucking on it then it wont draw oil out of it.

I guess if its pulling oil out of that tube then at least i know i have good oil pressure and lots of oil getting to the top end LOL

Money pit Beretta

Just a little extra venting for an older engine.

keep'em flying!
beretta

Post by beretta »

Fixed the oil problem... i was going to just stick a pcv valve in it but the other end would be open, i dont have a filter that i could have used but i found something that works.. on the brake booster vac line on a 350 engine theres a filter in between on the line, and it fits into the hole in the rocker cover so i stuck that in until i can find a proper filter or something that looks better. and plugged of the hole on the intake tube. problem solved.

beretta

Post by beretta »

well heres a quick video.. on the computer its alot clearer im going to edit it i guess. the red part of the tach.. your supposed to try and keep the rpm in that rage and above right ?? lol

i hate my 5th gear, i have to let it idle down to get it to go in unless i jam it in, when im not hammering on it then its not so bad, maybe just the way my trans is or 5th syncro is gone ? its always been like that since i have had it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS119W6xxIM

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

You might want to put the correct cluster in your car. That 4cyl cluster is not producing an accurate tach reading. Unless you have valve train mods AND a computer retune, your V6 is only reving to 5500 at most. Better find a V6 cluster ;)

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
beretta

Post by beretta »

i have a v6 digital cluster im working on putting in now..
My tach currently is only out 500 rpm, it was idling at 800 on the computer for pollution testing and my idle was lower then, its out 700 rpm at the very most, i can push it past 8 on my tach so it will rev past 7,000.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

HAHA I dont think so...

The highest I've pushed my car is 6750 rpm and that is screaming... The sound your engine was making was NO where near 6k.

I think you really need to start listening to us on here since we do know what we are talking about.

I just started reading some other parts of this thread... It's FULL of lies... 150mph 7k plus, then you hit 5th and you were gone...

WTF you do not have a exotic sports car here... Get with it, a 3.1L v6 DOES NOT PULL IN 5th. You have a whopping 140hp if your lucky... maybe 110hp making it to the wheels that is NOT 150mph+ territory.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

this is totally ridiculous i don't understand this, I was young once too but god damn.

beretta

Post by beretta »

WTF you do not have a exotic sports car here... Get with it, a 3.1L v6 DOES NOT PULL IN 5th. You have a whopping 140hp if your lucky... maybe 110hp making it to the wheels that is NOT 150mph+ territory.[/quote]

where does it say im doing 150 MPH ? my spedo is in KM/H it will only d0 180 KM/H then shuts down

I dont understand if my tach is out by 500 RPM at idle.... how is it out over 2,000 rpm topped out ?? the higher it goes the more its out ? is that possible ? i have had the needle sitting on the bottom of the cluster so like this far ------- past 8,000 that it reads too, so your saying at that rpm reading its out 3,000 rpm and at idle its only out by 500. ? how does that work ?

I know my spedo is correct so what should my rpm be at 180 KM/h in 5th gear...
5th gear: 0.72:1
Final drive ratio: 3.61:1
Tires.. 205/60/15 might be 65's pretty sure they are 60's. spedo might be off my 1 or 2 KM/h faster.