Subwoofers, my crapy setup

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
beretta

Subwoofers, my crapy setup

Post by beretta »

just a photo of my setup, 2 x 12" rockford fosgate dvc punch subs with 300 watt 4 channel rockford punch amp bridged to 2 channel to each sub. POUNDS.

And just put new foam surrounds on the kaption 10" woofers a couple days ago and had to try them out too.

Apparently everyone knows when im coming because they hear me for a mile lol. the 10"s are forsale i really dont need this much and the 12's could use a bigger amp but for a 300 watt amp they work pretty good.

once it gets warmer out im going to mount my amp in the side and make it look better without wires everywhere, right now im running the 4 channel amp, 1 set of rca's from my deck and split to 4 and split to another 2 for the 2nd amp.

its pretty ridiculously loud, my friend pointed out my windshield vibrating today looked like it was being pushed out and the windows were down. this is how i killed my first alternator but had 4 12's in there. right now if the car is just idling my engine light will kick on every time the bass hits and the amperage gauge drops way below half

Kris GTwhat?

Re: Subwoofers, my crapy setup

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

ghettoooooo. haha jp. thats alotta bass

except! 300 watts to two 12's? underpowered as hell..

1991 GTZ: RIP
beretta

Re: Subwoofers, my crapy setup

Post by beretta »

well i had a brand new visonik 800 watt 2 channel paid 60 bucks brand new with warranty so the price is good, the quality of them far as im concerned is really good, i abused that amp for 3 years, sold it to a friend, traded something back for it, traded it to him for a dirt bike, sold the bike, bought the amp back cheap and sold it to him again LOL i prob made over 500 off 1 amp.

The rockford amp out pounds the 800 visonik any day. its a punch 4.6 amp (specs here http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/library/ ... 6x-man.pdf )

Pretty sweet little amp, inside it has circuit boards that un plug and you flip them for high or low pass, both front and rear can be changed to low or high pass so its easy to setup to run subs. its bridged to 2 subs.
+ - + -
^ ^ to right side neg.
to left poss.

The negative is used on the opposite sub so its kinda crossed between front and rear, this is how it says to run 2 subs bridged and it works amazing. rated for 300 watt. but rockford amps are under rated big time.

My friend used to have a 50 watt punch amp it was maybe 5 inched square and pounded a pair of 12's with it for ever.

I want to buy a 1800 watt punch amp this summer that will be more then enough and need to figure out some type of lining for the trunk, i herd dyno mat is pretty good. Ive herd of people using rocker guard or under coating. but i would rather not spray the inside of my trunk with that, id rather have some type of insulation type stuff maybe that will stick on, so it could be removed later on if desired. also herd of using expanding foam in the ribs on the trunk lid, but again id rather not put stuff like that into my car, i could see it if it were a beater car but my entire trunk is rust free as well as the rest of the car so i want to keep it as clean looking as possible

It sounds like the trunk is trying to escape off of the car lol, its brutal but it sounds clean and good inside the car.

The 10's and the sony (puke) amp was just something i through in there to try them, got them back in the summer for a good deal and just bought new foam surrounds for them so wanted to try them out, i hate sony amps and decks, far as im concerned even as far as a stereo receiver i would never buy a sony, i currently have a kenwood and the sound quality would out preform any sony crap. but the 444 watt amp was something i had laying around and it works, its 4 channel as well but the front side doesnt have built in low pass or else i would bridge it to run off all channels.

Its pretty loud though, every time the bass hits it feels like im pushing the throttle and letting off because of the air pressure in the car feels like its pushing you forward and back lol, pretty intense but it could be much louder, i think my rockford 12's are about 800 rms and i have 300 watts between them.

If i could find another rockford amp the same as the one i have now, i would run 1 amp per sub, and bridge them to each voice coil, that should be more then enough power to make me deaf lol