Tire Shopping, Want Suggestions

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
90GTZHO

Tire Shopping, Want Suggestions

Post by 90GTZHO »

So im gonna be looking to get some tires for the GTZ before i head to Bfest this year but having a hard time deciding what kind of shoes to put on. If they were still made and easy to find i would just throw those Falken 512's on cause ive had them before and loved them, but they are no longer made. So im looking at a couple different tires right now but not sure which would be a good set to go with. So far i have narrowed it down to a few.

BFG G-Force Sports
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... mpare1=yes

BFG G-Force Super Sport A/S

Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

Dunlop Direzza DZ101's

Kumho Ecsta SPT's

Or do i stick with my All Season Hancooks that are on it now. They seem to do alright in the rain., no idea about snow yet lol

Yes there is a pattern to the prices, but im not made of money either lol

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
Ozzwoman9

Re: Tire Shopping, Want Suggestions

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

I liked the Kumho Ecsta's that were on my car before and I plan on going back to them again next time.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Im starting to think i need to stick with an all season tire as i do drive my car year round. I wonder if i should just stick to the hancooks?? :unknown:

Tirerack has them at only $98 a tire. for a 17 thats no too shabby

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

There is a replacement for the 512's...just don't recall what it was.

I'm loving the Bridgestones that i have on my other car. The Ryken's that i picked up with my salad shooters from the yard are holding up well but i do notice that they are wearing kinda quicker than i'd like.

I don't think i'd buy another BFG tire in my life. I haven't liked them for a while now.

Stick with what you are happy with and go visit some local tire stores to see what they have too...you might like something else and actually seeing the tire, or something similar to it, may sway you too.

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS on my Alero and I've been fairly satisfied with them. I only have 2 right now since January, two are the older version which I was really happy with for all-seasons. Hopefully this new version lives up to the old.

The Beretta has Goodyear Eagle F1s

Cliff Scott
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

90GTZHO wrote:Im starting to think i need to stick with an all season tire as i do drive my car year round. I wonder if i should just stick to the hancooks?? :unknown:

Tirerack has them at only $98 a tire. for a 17 thats no too shabby
Right now I have Douglas tires on my front (cheap, I know...but they were new on the parts car I bought). These tires have deeper looking tread and do 10x's worse in the snow than my Kumho's did. I never drive in more than 4" of snow, but this winter I REALLY wished I had my old tires back :(

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Cliff8928 wrote:I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS on my Alero and I've been fairly satisfied with them. I only have 2 right now since January, two are the older version which I was really happy with for all-seasons. Hopefully this new version lives up to the old.

The Beretta has Goodyear Eagle F1s
Very good tire, I just put 4 on my legacy... But they are not cheap.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88gtz

Post by 88gtz »

I have the sumitomo htr + and they do great in all season and they are reasonably priced...

Edit: I just looked :cry: at tire rack I guess they are not available anymor :cry: e

91 GMC Syclone
88 GTU 330k
89 GTU 5 speed
93 GTZ quaser quad
93 GT Garnet 5 speed
01 2500 HD
77 K-10
64 El Camino Ls1-T56
94 Z26 (parts car) rust belt rust bucket
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Gee, no one runs with Goodyear's anymore? I used to stick with Eagle GA's ever since I bought the car (3 sets since I bought it) since they came on it, but they stopped making them, this 4th set are Eagle RS's. Seem to work fine for me, still sticks to the road like glue, but then I have never tried anything else. Weren't real cheap, but no worse than the usual 500 bucks a set I normally spent.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit:

The GA's averaged for me around 71k per set. They had an expectancy of 40k. The RS's I have now seem to be wearing a bit faster than the GA's did though, might be a softer tire.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

3X00-Modified wrote:
Very good tire, I just put 4 on my legacy... But they are not cheap.
Yeah, but they're certainly not "expensive" for a tire by any means, at least in the sizes anyone's putting on a Beretta.

Cliff Scott
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I like my Goodyear Eagle GT's! Grip nicely in all conditions.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I'm not as impressed with my Sumitomo HTRZIIs as all the guys on NastyZ28 were. I'm thinking most of them may have just never driven low-profile tires before!

If you plan on any snow at all though, get something with some siping.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

heavywoody wrote:I like my Goodyear Eagle GT's! Grip nicely in all conditions.
.... In your AWD car...

Cliff Scott
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

The Falken Ziex ze912 is the 512s replacement. I talked my dad into putting a set of 225/50/17 on his 99 Z34 a couple of summers ago and he's loved em. Super quiet and comfortable for daily use, but they also handle rain well and seem to be wearing just fine.

I've not driven it in the snow, but it is listed as an all season.

I'm rockin Falken Azenis RT615s... ridiculous dry traction. But I only drive the car when its nice and put like 4k miles per year on it.

93 GTs
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

KFLO 93 GT wrote:The Falken Ziex ze912 is the 512s replacement. I talked my dad into putting a set of 225/50/17 on his 99 Z34 a couple of summers ago and he's loved em. Super quiet and comfortable for daily use, but they also handle rain well and seem to be wearing just fine.
I gave the Ziex 512's a try a couple of years ago, and I loved them. Grip all over the place. Although, unfortunately, they didn't last too long. I'm sure the 912's are better though and can be easily rotated. I'm a big follower of BFGoodrich though. My Beretta had them for most of it's life. My dad had the G-Force Sports on his heavy-ass Infiniti Q45, took it for a canyon run in the Santa Monica Mountains.