Lug nut specs

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
DOHC_tuner

Re: Lug nut specs

Post by DOHC_tuner »

None the less I appreaciate everyone's help including SGR. You were the first to answer one of my questions.

I still need to know....SGR you stated the GTZ required a lug nut 57mm in length but the one's posted are 48mm....so then your saying they won't work?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote: While I already knew "acorns" refers to the degree taper on the lug, it is a commonly used term by laymen to describe an capped lug nut, not open ended.

Seriously, why do you feel the need to try and one up me or correct me as if I'm a child in every thread? It's more than a little insulting.
You didn't state it that way. I was simply clarifying... but you got a little hot over that. You can't throw around shop language just like I have to pay attention and speak in correct terms when I'm talking about PC's around people who aren't familiar with the jargon. When you go to a auto store, Acorn is not referring to the cap or open end, just as Cliff pointed out how he would have handled that request.

Length wise I beg to differ on that as well.

I'm currently running Gorilla tuner lugs, they are 1.35" in length... That would make it only 34.2mm long... These are close end and I've run these on both stock GTZ rims with stock brakes, and my current Drag DR rims due to the recessed lug area, and even with my long front studs for my spacer and brake upgrade the lugnuts are still long enough and do not bottom out, I know the thread outside the rim is longer up front than it used to be stock since the studs are not exactly the same length increase as I gained with the spacer and rotor, its slightly more. And they still fit with no issues.

Your telling him he needs a lugnut that is 2.25" long... that's just not right.

This is what I'm running
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-21133HT

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

The factory lug called for is a M12x1.5 57mm in length however it appears the average size used on a close ended lug nut is a 36mm. I will concede that point then to you.

You do make a valid point about using "short cut terms" or "shop talk" around those who may not know. I should have been clearer the first time around.
Last edited by SuzukiGhostRider on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

DOHC_tuner wrote:None the less I appreaciate everyone's help including SGR. You were the first to answer one of my questions.

I still need to know....SGR you stated the GTZ required a lug nut 57mm in length but the one's posted are 48mm....so then your saying they won't work?
You're referring to the open end lugs? If so , yes, they will work. 36mm seems to be the average length for close end nuts.

You're welcome for the help. Sorry for boogering up your thread with BS. My bad.

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Yeah I just need to add some small aesthetic touches on the GTZ. I don't plan to go all crazy on the exterior.

See I like the hondas that go the JDM route cause its stock yet sporty...not wild bodykit, altezzas, huge chrome rims, etc. So similiar to what Im going for with the GTZ.

Im actually looking for a bigger front lip like the feretta had. :)

This past sunday I went to an import car meet (I go only to domestic ones) and for the first time the GTZ did not get noooooooooooo love what so ever in its stock form :(. Seems import guys only see old school corollas, and hatch back civics in stock form as nice. Well I plan to change that ;)

So just to verify.....the pink lugs I posted will work?