Mike Morris Situation Resolved. All is good.

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
96base

Mike Morris Situation Resolved. All is good.

Post by 96base »

Mike emailed me and told me he had a hinge, gave me a price and PayPal addy; I paid him immediately. He said he would ship the hinge on the weekend. A week went by no hinge. I emailed him to let him know what was going on and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I then emailed him a second time and he said he would ship another one Priority mail. I replied back that if the first hinge ever showd up I would make sure he got paid for it.

Well another week, no hinge. Apparently he never sent the hinge in the first place. I can see maybe one getting lost in the mail as the USPS does screw up but the second not showing up..no way. I am irked, this guy cost me my spot in the local Chevy show. The car is mint now after a complete restore from frame up, car looks amazing but how can you show a car with the gas cover missing?? Not happening. I am pretty irritated to say the least. I now just kick myself for giving all of my hinges away when I got out of buying and restoring Beretta's.

I was curious to see if anyone else has been ripped off by this guy. The money issue does not even bother me. I just need a hinge desperately.
Last edited by 96base on Tue May 24, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

'87 Beretta GT - Light Blue Metallic
'96 Z26 - Cayenne Red
'96 Base - Cayenne Red: Build date: 7/96 one of the very last built.
'89 GT - In the restoring process only has 74k.
DTMAce

Re: Mike Morris (DISHONEST)

Post by DTMAce »

I have bought both a hinge and a driver's side dew strip. Both arrived within a respectable time frame. Though it has been a year since those purchases. Not sure what is up with your situation.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Mike is not a dishonest person. Granted sometimes he can vanish for a while. Keep attempting contact with him and he should resolve the issue as soon as he is able to.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I have bought dozens of items from Mike and NEVER had a problem!

He does get busy with his work, but I would not believe there is anything untoward going on here.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

96base wrote: I am irked, this guy cost me my spot in the local Chevy show. The car is mint now after a complete restore from frame up, car looks amazing but how can you show a car with the gas cover missing?? Not happening. I am pretty irritated to say the least.

I was curious to see if anyone else has been ripped off by this guy. The money issue does not even bother me.

That is just terrible. Did he know the reason for you needing that part? I would be very angry if I were in your shoes... I kind of was now that I think of it, but I didn't deal with Mike.

In the past it seemed he would get people what they wanted in a respectable amount of time, but I think the prices were not necessarily that cheap. Its situations like yours that make me only deal with people I'd feel 100% confident in, but i've learned that is still not believable.

Goodluck with your outcome.

_________
-------------
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I've dealt with Mike in the past and have had ZERO issue. I think you two had a mishap, and it sucks that it hurt your show ability, but I would say dishonest is the LAST thing Mike Morris is.

96base

Post by 96base »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:I've dealt with Mike in the past and have had ZERO issue. I think you two had a mishap, and it sucks that it hurt your show ability, but I would say dishonest is the LAST thing Mike Morris is.
Well when you pay for something and do not get product that to me qualifies as being dishonest. I would not be so angry if the guy would have atleast sent a reply that he is busy etc, etc. I run a shop and I know how things like that go but when you pay someone for something and do not receive it or give a resonable explanation?

'96 Z26 - Cayenne Red
96base

Post by 96base »

Asylum wrote:I have bought dozens of items from Mike and NEVER had a problem!

He does get busy with his work, but I would not believe there is anything untoward going on here.

Untoward? I paid for an item and did not receive it. I was entered in a show that I had a VERY good chance at winning. I have given the guy the benfit of the doubt here. This is a feedback section and I left feedback. I paid for an item and did not receive it. So in all it was pretty troublesome for me so untoward, yes it is.
Last edited by 96base on Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

'96 Z26 - Cayenne Red
88gtz

Post by 88gtz »

I paid for dew strips, he said one set got lost, never sent me a tracking number. He sent me a pm telling me that he sent them with usps, I just had a sub shipped to me that got lost from a different site but he gave me a tracking number and basically someone at the post office in sc got my sub. I came home the other day and a beat up looking package was at my house I open and dew strips, not his fault that usps doesn't take any pride in shipping crap,but this is 2 months later. I'm not saying he's lying but its suspect that he told me the second set he shipped with ups and it came from usps.

edit: also when you tell someone they are mint dew strips, one should not have a crack in it when you receive it, which the drivers side does. they did get bent in shipping but the crack is old you can tell.

91 GMC Syclone
88 GTU 330k
89 GTU 5 speed
93 GTZ quaser quad
93 GT Garnet 5 speed
01 2500 HD
77 K-10
64 El Camino Ls1-T56
94 Z26 (parts car) rust belt rust bucket
96base

Post by 96base »

88gtz wrote:I paid for dew strips, he said one set got lost, never sent me a tracking number. He sent me a pm telling me that he sent them with usps, I just had a sub shipped to me that got lost from a different site but he gave me a tracking number and basically someone at the post office in sc got my sub. I came home the other day and a beat up looking package was at my house I open and dew strips, not his fault that usps doesn't take any pride in shipping crap,but this is 2 months later. I'm not saying he's lying but its suspect that he told me the second set he shipped with ups and it came from usps.

edit: also when you tell someone they are mint dew strips, one should not have a crack in it when you receive it, which the drivers side does. they did get bent in shipping but the crack is old you can tell.
I never received a tracking number aswell. The money is what it is; I could careless about that because he did give me a really good price but I guess I am not the only person who has had problems with this guy. A few above posters have mentioned he is a good guy,he might very well be but taking people's money and not sending them something they paid for and then emailing them saying the item was shipped knowing darn well it was never shipped. I am sorry but that is being dishonest.

That sucks about the dew strips. Let me dig through my stuff; I might have a few left. I will PM ya if I do and you can just have them.

'96 Z26 - Cayenne Red
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

FWIW, I orderd a set of headers from someone in Virginia Beach and it took USPS over 18 days to deliver them to me. He was ready to file a dispute.

I contacted Mike to see what he has to say, UNTIL THEN please lets keep this thread civil. I hear WAY too many times about people having issues with sellers and 9 times out of 10 it comes down to extremely poor communication, and sometimes from the buyers side as well, and NOT that someone is trying to get your money or gently caress you over.
88gtz wrote:also when you tell someone they are mint dew strips, one should not have a crack in it when you receive it, which the drivers side does. they did get bent in shipping but the crack is old you can tell.
With your description of the box there is NO way to tell if that crack came from someone mishandling it during shipping so you can not argue that not knowing how they left.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
96base

Post by 96base »

3X00-Modified wrote:FWIW, I orderd a set of headers from someone in Virginia Beach and it took USPS over 18 days to deliver them to me. He was ready to file a dispute.

I contacted Mike to see what he has to say, UNTIL THEN please lets keep this thread civil. I hear WAY too many times about people having issues with sellers and 9 times out of 10 it comes down to extremely poor communication, and sometimes from the buyers side as well, and NOT that someone is trying to get your money or gently caress you over.
88gtz wrote:also when you tell someone they are mint dew strips, one should not have a crack in it when you receive it, which the drivers side does. they did get bent in shipping but the crack is old you can tell.
With your description of the box there is NO way to tell if that crack came from someone mishandling it during shipping so you can not argue that not knowing how they left.

I have been civil and have gave him the benefit of the doubt. Like I said the money is what it is, to me it's in-material. I have a hinge coming from a board member who was gracious enough to help me out. He knows who he is :beer:

As for Mike, things happen but an email with an explanation is basically all was needed. I am not here to rip the guy. I just thought I would leave appropriate feedback that is all.

'96 Z26 - Cayenne Red
88gtz

Post by 88gtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:FWIW, I orderd a set of headers from someone in Virginia Beach and it took USPS over 18 days to deliver them to me. He was ready to file a dispute.

I can tell the crack is old, its weathered and swelled... if it happened in shipping it would be fresh, also I didn't say anything bad about the guy, I just shared my experience buying from him which I wasn't too impressed with it!!!

91 GMC Syclone
88 GTU 330k
89 GTU 5 speed
93 GTZ quaser quad
93 GT Garnet 5 speed
01 2500 HD
77 K-10
64 El Camino Ls1-T56
94 Z26 (parts car) rust belt rust bucket
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Questions for both of you...

88GTZ did you contact him AFTER receiving those to let him know your not happy with the quality?

And 96Base did you try ANY other method of contact besides an e-mail? He was active on here on the 21st. And did you take up a dispute with Paypal over the mishap?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88gtz

Post by 88gtz »

No I haven't contacted him yet. It was an ordeal getting the one set...