-88 GT

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Wanako

Re: -87 Beretta Gt from Finland

Post by Wanako »

Wow, that interior looks so CLEAN! If you were on this side of the world I'd steal your parts. lol im joking!

BerettaMN

Post by BerettaMN »

You need a steering wheel puller kit . You said the turn signals work but it smokes when you do this is usually the turn signal switch. I have had a couple lumina's that did that. Replaced the turn signal switch inside the column problem fixed and turn signals worked like they were supposed to again. I dunno if you need a lock plate puller for the beretta but the 90 lumina I had same year as my beretta I didnt need the lock plate puller. Its a easy process like 2 min to get the wheel off and some screws. Just takes a little time to get the old switch out and fish the wires for the new one back down the column.

snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Yum and welcome! Your shocks need a little lovin, lol! Are those headlight washer nozzles on the bumper? lol

olovi

Post by olovi »

Headlight washers, aren't they original parts?

I managed to take steering wheel and turn signal assembly off. I used Haynes Manual and bolt type puller set.
http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/13052011435.jpg

This round thing under wheel is broken, metal plate is twisted. Where I get new one?
http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/13052011431.jpg

This is broken too, it's missing one metal piece.
http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/13 ... 011433.jpg

Cruise control button is broken, must be hard to find "new".
http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/13052011432.jpg

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

Now it has "new" stronger alternator with better wire connections, oils, coolant, power steering oils etc. Turn signal switch and new gas tank comes next week. Car rides very smoothly and everything works. 8)

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

Yep, now it has new turn signal assembly and some new funny problems with lights :D Turn signals in front lights up when you press brake pedal :D Turn signals don't work at all, maybe broken flasher and bad ground contacts. Also front side lights don't work.. Next I have to check some ground wires :)

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
weba

Post by weba »

Check out Compnine for part numbers for the stuff you need.

Most of this stuff is most-likely discontinued, you can check the 'dealer availability' from GM Parts Direct, and if nothing is found, head over to Vintage Parts INC. They do not ship overseas, so you need someone to re-ship that stuff for you.

Also you can check the RockAuto.com for aftermarket replacement parts, but my guess is that you wont find parts like that, can always try...

And your headlight washers are dealer added.

olovi

Post by olovi »

Weba, thanks

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

And of course when I checked under floor mat, both sides are wet :) So more things to do...

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Very common. I'm still fighting the leaks.

keep'em flying!
weba

Post by weba »

olovi wrote:And of course when I checked under floor mat, both sides are wet :) So more things to do...

Since the water-leak topic was lost? Here are the pictures to see where the leaks are. (c) GTZfan.

Vampcrist

Post by Vampcrist »

Looks great inside hows that dash without the cover and the headliner. In the older ones like that those are the things that tend to be really bad. My dash in my '88 is horrible around the speakers. In picture DSC_0234 with strange voltages and low battery or if you disconnected it at some point they will sit like that until you go to start it again. Keep it alive with everyone here theres nothing on it you cant fix.

olovi

Post by olovi »

Vampcrist wrote:Looks great inside hows that dash without the cover and the headliner. In the older ones like that those are the things that tend to be really bad. My dash in my '88 is horrible around the speakers. In picture DSC_0234 with strange voltages and low battery or if you disconnected it at some point they will sit like that until you go to start it again. Keep it alive with everyone here theres nothing on it you cant fix.
Thanks. Volt gauge works now. Turn signals don't work with new flashers, new turn signal switch and intact bulbs, only hazard and that only flashing 2 rear lights, front is dead. But when I press brake pedal, front turn signals lights. Driving lights works in front and rear. Maybe I have to re-wire whole system and I don't understand car electrics a lot. :cry:

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

Now it has new gas tank :) And "new" wheels. Must paint that center cap red or black.

http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/31052011468.jpg

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

Now I maybe know, why turn signals wont work. New switch is for euro-model, my car is imported from US. Lights and turn signals are different and so are wirings inside switch. There must be two different switch models. I tried once again that old smoking switch, works.... Have to order AGAIN new switch assembly.

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88