beretta speaker wire colors are confusing me?

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
tvc3-gtz

beretta speaker wire colors are confusing me?

Post by tvc3-gtz »

does it matter what way the light green / dark green and light blue / dark blue wires go.. they work both ways but i dont wanna blow my new rear speakers and they dont have red and black, these funky other colors... plz help

DTMAce

Re: beretta speaker wire colors are confusing me?

Post by DTMAce »

Light colors are positive, darker colors are negative in most setups. You won't hurt the speaker either way, but the sounds can sometimes sound off (out of phase), if they are backwards.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

^^ Correct. ^^

GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

When you run 2 speakers, one speaker the right way and one the wrong way around (phase 180degree) it will compensate mostly hearable in the bass tones. It will sound weak and not powerfull.

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser