Bumper sticker irony...

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
K_Watson

Bumper sticker irony...

Post by K_Watson »

Check out this ironic bumper sticker I found...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Bumper sticker irony...

Post by 3X00-Modified »

And that person has the right to vote...

This world is pathetic.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

3X00-Modified wrote:And that person has the right to vote...

This world is pathetic.
Ah yes. America. BURN IT WITH FIRE!!! :burn:

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

But seriously, why is that "irony"? He IS driving a "domestic" car. Now if had that sticker on an import...........

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

maybe it's the joint venture with Ford/Mazda. methinks?

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

hahah

Actually that sticker just sucks. Almost as bad as if it were saying that buying something from the southern states is bad, don't you guys remember that they once hated the north and had slaves? pshhhhh

How about one that points at our ancestors kicking indians out of the way to make room for us to live here. And not being all nicey nice about it either. There are things in anyone's past, or their family's past that can be considered bad, but its not something to harp and grudge on generations, decades, or centuries later. Its just stupid. The people that did most of that bad type of crap are dead and gone, so are many of their descendants.

Anyway, glad to know that my own family history is fraught with idiots. Had an ancestor that came over with the first settlers from England, once had a castle that belonged in our family, things like that. Big deal. I didn't do those things. They did. I make my own dumbass mistakes. So does everyone else.

Anyways. Yeah, ironic I guess it could be in a way. Stupid is what I think it is. LOL

Some people need a clue. Or a bullet. ;)

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

cramez

Post by cramez »

Leave a note on his windshield: "Once you learn how to spell the word 'supporting,' we will be happy to hear your view on international relations and world economics. Thank you."

K_Watson

Post by K_Watson »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:But seriously, why is that "irony"? He IS driving a "domestic" car. Now if had that sticker on an import...........
Wanako wrote:maybe it's the joint venture with Ford/Mazda. methinks?
The Ford Escape/Mercury Mariner/Mazda Tribute is a joint venture between Ford and Mazda. the vehicle itself is based on a Mazda vehicle platform, the 626.

And, yes there is a spelling error as well.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

That person is just stupid. I hate stupid people. I would love to talk to them and see what they know/dont know.

Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

Maybe they're Mexican, know zero English, and bought the car off a used car lot. Could be a Japanese guy with a really fucked up sense of humor. Who knows, maybe it's Pee Wee Herman for all we know. Not sure it matters. It's a piece of vinyl with ink on it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:But seriously, why is that "irony"? He IS driving a "domestic" car. Now if had that sticker on an import...........
Yeah why not put one of those on a Chevy Tracker... It's domestic...

This is why its Ironic... That does not appear to be a Second Generation... therefore...

Production:
2000–2007 (Japan, US)
2006–present (Taiwan) 2010–present (China)

Model years: 2001–2007

Assembly:
Avon Lake, Ohio, United States
Jhongli City, Taiwan
Claycomo, Missouri, United States
Hai Duong, Vietnam
Hōfu, Yamaguchi, Japan
Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines

Its like Toyota Racing in Nascar... The damn cars are only assembled in the US we do not PRODUCE them. All the parts are shipped over from overseas and slapped together, its not a true made in USA car, but then again not much is anymore. Hell our cars are mostly Canadian made.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

3X00-Modified wrote: Its like Toyota Racing in Nascar... The damn cars are only assembled in the US we do not PRODUCE them. All the parts are shipped over from overseas and slapped together, its not a true made in USA car, but then again not much is anymore. Hell our cars are mostly Canadian made.
Actually, the Camry is comprised of 80% domestic (us/can) produced parts by cost.

Cliff Scott
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

The money from the purchase of that car, goes to a company based in the US, and that company pays taxes to the US, and as I recall didnt need a bailout.

Spelling error aside, I see nothing wrong with this picture, its his opinion, even if its wrong.

And its not exactly a "joint venture", Ford actually owns a controlling stake in Mazda.

I have nothing against Japan, I'd rather drive a Japanese car than a Chinese one. Drop a few bombs on a place and basically kick their ass, and then they become friends after awhile.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW