My other half.....

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
DTMAce

My other half.....

Post by DTMAce »

Got hit in my van today. Some lady didn't see her, stopped at a stop sign (through street with stop signs on the crossing street), and then took off and ran right into her. My fiance had the right away, as her street did not have to stop. The lady for some reason wasn't paying attention, or simply didn't see her or was out of it. Her first question was, "what happened?"

Fortunately, no one was hurt. My van didn't get hit too bad, she managed to swerve and brake enough to avoid colliding hard, more or less got the driver's side corner crunched.

I have no pics yet, but will tomorrow. And I haven't seen it myself yet, but apparently it damaged the fender, the hood, the bumper, the windshield is cracked where the hood hit it, the horn wiring is severed/shorted, the headlight and housing is completely destroyed on that side, grill busted, etc etc. No fluid leaking, no tire rubs. I guess I will know more tomorrow morning when she drives it down here. We are getting ready to actually go on a trip WITH the van. *sigh

This happened this afternoon. And I haven't even installed the new bumper and hood from the turkey hit yet. Good thing I guess. lol Ah well.

More later when I get a chance to update you guys.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

woody90gtz

Re: My other half.....

Post by woody90gtz »

That van sounds like bad luck.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Glad she's safe! And the van isn't too bad.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Don't rush on my parts. Get to work on that thing.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

The only problem with your parts MPB is coming up with enough cardboard! lol

Hope to pack and ship the small stuff this morning though, if time permits. Then I have to head to lower Ontario this weekend, with a busted van. Fun fun! Plan to visit Eric while I'm down there.. :D

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

At work we trash enough card board to ship every part on the car. Too bad I can't send any.
I see....going there to pick up his car and bring it home?

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Anyways, I finally have some pics for all of you to peruse. Enjoy. I certainly don't. lol

Lots of pics. Each one shows something that is wrong. Anyway. Got pulled over last night:

State Trooper:

"Did you know you have a headlight out?"

Fortunately I don't think he ever actually SAW the headlight in question. Not sure how well he would have taken to having an "eye patch".

Regardless, once he saw my badge, he didn't really give me any grief. What could he really do? It was reported, I had a copy of the report, and was talking to my insurance the next day to file the claim. Ah well. He was nice though.

So now I wait for the adjuster. More to come.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ordered my parts today. Fender (CAPA) 51 bucks. Bottom skirt for under the bumper 35 bucks. TWO new headlamp assemblies, WITH bulbs 40 each. With shipping it came to 284 and change. With discount it was like 277 something. Not too bad. Already have the hood, front grill, top panel (above the rad) bumper cover and the front emblem. Have to order the paint next. Yay. There goes another 400 bucks or so for all the materials. Then I can finally get to fixing it. At some point I have to setup a windshield replacement too.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

3400 swap?

LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Oh are YOU funny.

3.3 already, would have to 3.8... But they built them with those, so we need MOAR!

Bah, it needs a hemi version..... With turbo.

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Maybe if you didn't have a Van that was a masochist. Maybe it doesn't like its color. Lol

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
KennethO

Post by KennethO »

Any major frame support damage? Doesn't look to bad. Just a ton to spend on replacement parts. Hope it isn't worse once the fender and fronts out.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ton?
Nope.

Already had a new hood and a new bumper, new grill and new top panel, as well as the emblem here when this happened. Ordered a fender, two new headlights, and the bottom plastic skirt already. ALL of these parts were only 550 shipped, the last batch was only 284.. All new stuff and all from RockAuto, with the exception of the emblem, I bought that at the dealer for 28. I had ordered the stuff I had when I hit the turkey a couple months back.

Still will have to buy paint, and associated materials, flex additive, etc.. That will be around 400 or so, the windshield should be around 300 and change. Then its fixed. I have been paid between the two incidents around $4300. :D

Still have to pay my painter, but I should still end up ahead, since I am doing the hard work myself. Already gave him 800 out of the last check.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

OK.

This week (finally) I have had time to start tearing it apart. So I saved you all a few pics of the destruction... haha

Now, have to prep the parts (paint edges, etc) and do the straightening for the supports. Wash, prep for paint, slap the pieces on, do the main painting, get the windshield replaced, etc...

Going to look good. Will keep you all updated that care to know... lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Updates:

Finished painting today, tomorrow maybe will get to put some things together, but should have it done pretty soon. :D Sorry for the one blurry pic but the flash was lighting up the air horribly.