Sway Bar Options

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
ipanda7

Sway Bar Options

Post by ipanda7 »

Hey guys,
I got a question that I looked for a bit and didn't seem to find the right answer for so here it is.
I have a 88 base with the v6 and normal suspension. I'm looking at picking up a new set of sway bars as my rear bar is broken and If I'm down there....why not. So which would be the best bar to pick up for my base: the z51, fe3, fe7, direct acting, blah blah blah?
I have some pretty good tires on it right now, but I'm looking to reduce body roll, so front and rear sway bars and a strut tower brace.
So advice on what will fit on my car would be appreciated, or any advice on suspension upgrades or bushings.

woody90gtz

Re: Sway Bar Options

Post by woody90gtz »

You could get an Addco 30mm front & 26mm rear easily. Or if you want to spend the time hunting one down - an FE7 direct acting front bar is said to be the best. If you check car-part.com you could probably find one fairly cheap.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
ipanda7

Post by ipanda7 »

I was thinking about running out to u-pull-it and looking for a pretty decent looking one, but for the direct acting bar and links. do we have part numbers just in case i run out of luck tho? :roll:

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I did find the part numbers at one point, I think they are in my build thread. They are all discontinued though, so they don't do you any good.

You can do a search on car-part.com for a 91 Beretta stabilizer bar (be sure to select 18mm for the FE7) and see what you find.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube