Defroster

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
BerettaMN

Defroster

Post by BerettaMN »

Well wired up my remote start/keyless entry just 1 wire left and its complete. Anyone know what color wire triggers the defroster on, I think there are 4 wires going to the switch? Thanks

daguse5853z

Re: Defroster

Post by daguse5853z »

You have to tell us more about your car in order to get techinical questions like this answered. And just curious what the defroster has to do with the remote start?

BerettaMN

Post by BerettaMN »

the wiring for a defroster is the same in all beretta's im sure. I just need to know which color of the 4 triggers it when switched. And remote starts have outputs for rear defroster.

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

you know what they say happens when you assume

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

I would wonder if they are indeed all the same because newer berettas have problems with the defroster breaker overheating and causing the power locks to not work for a few minutes, I dont think the older berettas had that problem.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

daguse5853z wrote:I would wonder if they are indeed all the same because newer berettas have problems with the defroster breaker overheating and causing the power locks to not work for a few minutes, I dont think the older berettas had that problem.
LOL, mine did that a last Sunday morning!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Swap out the circuit breaker for a new one and it will typically fix the issue. That fixed my problem when I had it.

Also a wiring diagram is necessary to find which wire, and NO they are not all the same, they may all appear to be wired the same but slight differences year to year could change the colors, so its best to know what your year is before guessing...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"