Steering wheel

Vent shades, black outs, things like that

Steering wheel

Post by Guest »

For those of you who don't venture to bstuff here is my new grant steering wheel installed.  Used a Grant 1066 wheel with a 3196 install kit, changed black anodized screws for stainless ones for contrast on the center of the wheel.  I just put it in, it took me about 20 min to install, I salvaged an airbag wiring unit from my spare column so I could just cut the wire on mine and pull it out easier without having to fish the plug up through all the crap.  Other than that the only modification was you need to open up the sides of the column since grants "column cover" really fits into the column and not around it.  Doesn't help that the column was slightly out of round.  I do need some gray touch up on the column cover though.

Have to fix the column you can see in some of the pics since the original wheel covers it there isnt really much gray paint...
PICS!!!!!!!!

what the inside looks like.

Jeff P

Steering wheel

Post by Jeff P »

Nice  Those wheels look great when they match the interior like that.  Good job on the install!

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Steering wheel

Post by heavywoody »

After driving home in the Z the other day, I am very tempted to get a steering wheel similar to that... I'm assuming the overall diameter is smaller? When compared to my tC, the steering wheel in my Z seems like it's the size of a bus steering wheel....  waaay too big.

Looks nice though, I did that wheel.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Ribz80

Steering wheel

Post by Ribz80 »

(heavywoody @ Oct. 16 2005,09:06)Q
U
O
T
EAfter driving home in the Z the other day, I am very tempted to get a steering wheel similar to that... I'm assuming the overall diameter is smaller? When compared to my tC, the steering wheel in my Z seems like it's the size of a bus steering wheel....  waaay too big.

Looks nice though, I did that wheel.
We have been talking about the bus size wheels of cars since what, like 2002?

I atleast did something about it, and I cant go back.  For reference the Momo adaptor is 2401, GM cars 69 and up.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006

Steering wheel

Post by Guest »

yes it's alot smaller... or at least it seems like it, it may only be about a inch smaller but that is the biggest difference in the world.  Now when I get my Z rack in there steering is going to feel really weird to me.  Just waiting on my delrin bushings.  I hope to have them either Monday or Tuesday.  Then I need to schedule an apointment to get it aligned right after I put it in.

Chris88CL

Steering wheel

Post by Chris88CL »

I didnt think there was a difference in the Z26 racks?  Why not just upgrade to the 89 GT rack and get the BEST rack available?

Ribz80

Steering wheel

Post by Ribz80 »

(Chris88CL @ Oct. 16 2005,16:19)Q
U
O
T
EI didnt think there was a difference in the Z26 racks?  Why not just upgrade to the 89 GT rack and get the BEST rack available?
Whats special about the 89 GT rack?  I thought the fe7 cars had the most desireable rack.

91' GT  SOLD
1988GTU

Steering wheel

Post by 1988GTU »

I think my GT 1988 daily beater has a better tighter feeling than my GTZ.
Grab the 88GT rack, you should be set with that.

_________
-------------

Steering wheel

Post by Guest »

I already have a Z rack, and the difference was already tested... 3 turns for me lock to lock, Z one is 2.5, supposidly the 88 or 89 GT rack is 2.25, but I don't know if you can buy them anywhere... everyone says to go to the J/Y but I don't have one in my area with any beretta's in it... so I'm SOL on that one.  Thats why I posted on Bstuff and bought one from someone.

Wheel is 13 3/4" dia to be exact, I dont know what the stock Beretta one is though.

ErichZ26

Steering wheel

Post by ErichZ26 »

I am sick of these huge wheels.  Your all right.  think this will help with autocross?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
Ribz80

Steering wheel

Post by Ribz80 »

(3100-95-Modified @ Oct. 17 2005,06:21)Q
U
O
T
EI already have a Z rack, and the difference was already tested... 3 turns for me lock to lock, Z one is 2.5, supposidly the 88 or 89 GT rack is 2.25, but I don't know if you can buy them anywhere... everyone says to go to the J/Y but I don't have one in my area with any beretta's in it... so I'm SOL on that one.  Thats why I posted on Bstuff and bought one from someone.

Wheel is 13 3/4" dia to be exact, I dont know what the stock Beretta one is though.
13 3/4" seems to be pretty much the most common size in the aftermarket/tuner wheel arena.  Mine is the same.  I would say 15" is a good guess for stock.  I sold mine, so I dont have it on me to measure.

91' GT  SOLD
brilamb2

Steering wheel

Post by brilamb2 »

you can get the rack at an autozone or autoparts store
i hve a 90 gt,and it is 2.1 turns

Chris88CL

Steering wheel

Post by Chris88CL »

I'll try to remember to measure my stock wheel today and my rack from turn to turn (91 GT).  If I dont have the sporty 2.25 rack I'll be swapping one in when I swap engines in a few weeks.