computer chip

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?

computer chip

Post by Guest »

i have a beretta with a 3.1 v6 and im getting ready to get a cam but have to get a computer chip to put more gas in the motor to make the cam work right. does anyone know of a good chip i could get. im also getting valve springs.. the cam is made by crane                                                                                   ROUGH IDLE, PERFORMANCE USAGE, GOOD MID AND UPPER RPM TORQUE AND HP, 3800-4200 CRUISE RPM, 10.5 TO 12.0 COMPRESSION RATIO ADVISED. BASIC RPM 3800-7200

wicked-irocz

computer chip

Post by wicked-irocz »

search for info about ben at FFP

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
z284pwr

computer chip

Post by z284pwr »

Your bottom end torque is going to just go out the window, I hope this is going to have a 5spd or a really high stall torque converter.  Anyways, yeah, Ben with FFP or check out Sinister Performance.  I hope you have other means of air flow with this cam to or you'll never reach 7200 effectively.  That is a pretty big cam indeed.  Definitely could make a lot more power on top end than stock thats for sure.  Good luck with it

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
1988GTU

computer chip

Post by 1988GTU »

I can tell you that you're going to see many tranny replacements if you use that cam properly.
High stall = Neutral drops basically

_________
-------------
TurboGTU

computer chip

Post by TurboGTU »

hope you have the pistons to back up that cam.

88 IMSA Beretta GTU w/McLaren TGP turbo system. Crane 260 cam, Ported heads...Lots more. Soon Bullet proof 3t40.
90 Black Turbo Grand Prix  -- The restoration project.
z284pwr

computer chip

Post by z284pwr »

(1988GTU @ Oct. 03 2005,19:45)Q
U
O
T
EI can tell you that you're going to see many tranny replacements if you use that cam properly.
High stall = Neutral drops basically
It shouldn't really, it just means higher fluid temps more than anything, brake torquing to the stall isn't really bad on anything except the fluid.
Just don't let the RPMs drop below the stall and not have the power to re-stall the converter, that way it just doesn't sit there, my cousin's Z28 seems to be having that problem, it kinda sucks when you hit 3rd gear and it just kinda bleh the rest of the track.  You will also loose shift firmness under part throttle and possibly full throttle, the stall can do a great job at hiding that.
So basically, just do what TGTU is doing and bullet-proof the trans and you shouldn't have anything to worry about in trans department.

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
Asylum

computer chip

Post by Asylum »

Get ahold of Jeff at engineered.net, or you can often find him through www.60degreeV6.com

He has all the info on bullet proofing a 3t40, including limited slips and 3.73 FDR conversions.

Eric

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.

computer chip

Post by Guest »

I really dont think you will be satisfied with that cam. Even if you arent planning on driving the car on the street, that IMO is way to much cam for a 3.1 with a stock bottom end if the cam  has a power range of 3800 to 7200rpm. Even the heads probably arent going to flow no where close to what that cam wants them to at 7000 rpm. I would think a cam with a power range of 2000--6000 rpm with a lobe centerline around 110 degrees would do more like what you want it to. Thats just my 2 cent though.

1988GTU

computer chip

Post by 1988GTU »

If it matches up 110%, swap for 3400 heads and get a ported/polished lower intake.  Then some cheap headers if you're tight on the funds after all this.  

_________
-------------

computer chip

Post by Guest »

I have an '90 GT and i've been looking aimlessly for a chip if anyone has info on how i might go about getting one pleaze let me know

Asylum

computer chip

Post by Asylum »

(Badretta GT @ Oct. 17 2005,09:37)Q
U
O
T
EI have an '90 GT and i've been looking aimlessly for a chip if anyone has info on how i might go about getting one pleaze let me know
www.60DegreeV6.com
Go to Ben's store.
He makes custom chips depending on your application.
Very reasonable and they work.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.