Daily drive got some love

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

So all 4 Ronal 16" wheels were bent.  Dealership wanted $550 a piece.  Also the Pirelli P7kSS's were about done(lasted 3 years) and were 205/50's.

So I found some nice cheap ADRs that fit the weird size of 4x108.  I also got a deal on 225/45/17 Sumitommo HTR+ on tirerack.com(w-rated).  I go to have them installed and guy came back puzzled.  Turns out my 90 has 14mm lug bolts, used for only two years I came to find out after looking online.  So they couldnt be bolted to the car.

So after a call to the seller he makes it right by sending me adapters that go from 14mm to 12mm.  

Got them on today and I am rather happy.  I just dont know if I prefer the stock full cap, or the tuner style caps.  I had red tuner caps lying around to give an idea if I get silver ones.  

The car has been outside for 4 weeks while my dad builds a canoe rack.  It will get a full detail and I need to now paint the calipers black.

Which style of cap do you prefer?

This car has a lot done to it, if you saw pics of it stock you would understand.  Its a boxy, black brick.  It came with gray bumpers and small 15" 10 hole wheels.  The 16" aero wheels, factory aero-flow kit and bridge spoiler were all added to help it out under my ownership.  The 17's modernize it a bit.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
backwoodzberetta

Post by backwoodzberetta »

Black ones.  Red looks tacky.

-Nick

This car has 223,000 miles on it and gets 37 mpg highway.

RIP  In it's last stages of life.
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(backwoodzberetta @ Oct. 18 2005,16:23)Q
U
O
T
EBlack ones.  Red looks tacky.
They wouldnt be red, they would be silver.  Its the style I was looking into.  But the more I see it, and the more people agreed the full stock cover will work out best.

Thanks for the input.

91' GT  SOLD
backwoodzberetta

Oh, another thing.  Paint those calipers and the rusty part of the rotors black.  I did it too mine and it made it look 100x better.

-Nick

Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(backwoodzberetta @ Oct. 18 2005,19:07)Q
U
O
T
EOh, another thing.  Paint those calipers and the rusty part of the rotors black.  I did it too mine and it made it look 100x better.
Yeah, that was the plan.  I may get to it this weekend.

91' GT  SOLD
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

looks nice.  I like them but factory they have some nasty turbo lag, Ive heard thats easy to fix though.  
I wanted a SAAB 9000 turbo 5 speed with a broken 5th gear and some rust for $600 I got the guy down to but my parents said 2 cars and a truck is enough.  
Funny thing is my truck is missing an important piece and my beretta cant move under its own power and the IROCs never been rained on so Im driving my moms van.  The Impalla's rack just went out too so Im bored and typing more than I should.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
backwoodzberetta

Oh,  something else I would recommend.  When you spray the tire shine on, do only the top half of the tire and then move the car forward or backward till the other half is on the top.  Helps keep it off the bricks cause that stuff likes to stain.  Also, you should let it set on the tires for about ten minutes and then take a shop towel or something and wipe off the excess.  It will still make them nice and black but they won't have that shine that makes your paint look dull.

-Nick

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

(backwoodzberetta @ Oct. 19 2005,07:39)Q
U
O
T
EOh,  something else I would recommend.  When you spray the tire shine on, do only the top half of the tire and then move the car forward or backward till the other half is on the top.  Helps keep it off the bricks cause that stuff likes to stain.  Also, you should let it set on the tires for about ten minutes and then take a shop towel or something and wipe off the excess.  It will still make them nice and black but they won't have that shine that makes your paint look dull.
Or do it on the road or at the coin wash.
You're right! It makes a hell of a mess. All those quarter moon shaped images on your driveway.
YUK!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(wicked-irocz @ Oct. 18 2005,23:35)Q
U
O
T
Elooks nice.  I like them but factory they have some nasty turbo lag, Ive heard thats easy to fix though. ÂÂÂ
I wanted a SAAB 9000 turbo 5 speed with a broken 5th gear and some rust for $600 I got the guy down to but my parents said 2 cars and a truck is enough. ÂÂÂ
Funny thing is my truck is missing an important piece and my beretta cant move under its own power and the IROCs never been rained on so Im driving my moms van.  The Impalla's rack just went out too so Im bored and typing more than I should.
Lag was and is an issue with this car.  If this car was a 5spd it would have been modded to the gills as the 2.0 can hold impressive amounts of power.

But the auto is a weak point.  So it has a 3" downpipe, 2.25" exhaust, Viggen 20psi dump valve, K&N cold air kit.  There is still lag but the car is a bit quicker, and is rather strong on a highway roll.  Back in the day I had ordered a custom APC which netted 5psi more and nearly a 50hp gain.  It would have netted mid to high 14's.  But the car didnt run right with it and I had to return it.   It also would have killed the tranny much quicker.

It has 110k miles which on a 2.0 isnt much.  So I am not going to do much else engine wise, maybe a larger intake inlet tube, upgraded intercooler and a manual boost controler for something safe like 2-3 PSI more.

91' GT  SOLD
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(asylummotorsports @ Oct. 19 2005,07:51)Q
U
O
T
E(backwoodzberetta @ Oct. 19 2005,07:39)Q
U
O
T
EOh,  something else I would recommend.  When you spray the tire shine on, do only the top half of the tire and then move the car forward or backward till the other half is on the top.  Helps keep it off the bricks cause that stuff likes to stain.  Also, you should let it set on the tires for about ten minutes and then take a shop towel or something and wipe off the excess.  It will still make them nice and black but they won't have that shine that makes your paint look dull.
Or do it on the road or at the coin wash.
You're right! It makes a hell of a mess. All those quarter moon shaped images on your driveway.
YUK!
Right now my paint IS dull.  After a clay bar and polish it wont be bad.   Also, I use more of a water bases spray.  It washes off the driveway with the rain unlike some of the oilier tire products out there.

91' GT  SOLD
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

16" Saab Aero  "made by Ronal" wheels look better. ÂÂÂ I own 6 of them andÂÂÂ we are getting a jig to polish the lips. ÂÂÂ Those aftermarket are cheap wheels.

The bolt pattern could not be that weird as we pulled one set of the hard to find SPG 16" off an old Nissan or Toyota with a modified offset with a wheel spacer.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

(Ribz80 @ Oct. 18 2005,16:05)Q
U
O
T
E
These werent on your old Konig's that you had on the GT?

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(bonecrrusher @ Oct. 19 2005,12:07)Q
U
O
T
E(Ribz80 @ Oct. 18 2005,16:05)Q
U
O
T
E
These werent on your old Konig's that you had on the GT?
I had ADRs, the Konigs are what I have now.  I had those caps, which are from Enkei's on it.

91' GT  SOLD
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

(ErichZ26 @ Oct. 19 2005,10:35)Q
U
O
T
E16" Saab Aero  "made by Ronal" wheels look better.  I own 6 of them and we are getting a jig to polish the lips.  Those aftermarket are cheap wheels.

The bolt pattern could not be that weird as we pulled one set of the hard to find SPG 16" off an old Nissan or Toyota with a modified offset with a wheel spacer.
The Ronals are very valuable for a factory wheel.  They are still over 600 a set on the Saab boards.  These were bought as refurbs in 99 for about 6-750.  

All 4 wheels were bent, the dealer wanted $550 a piece.  The 17's are cheap no doubt about it.  But now the car rides velvety smooth again.  If one of these are to bend, which might be inevitable due to potholes here, its no big deal.  Rather I bend a cheap ADR then another Ronal.

91' GT  SOLD
ETK-kAos

Post by ETK-kAos »

I like that car of yours Ribz ;)

The infamous ETK-kAos

1991 Plymouth Sundance RS-Turbo
1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD