polished look gtz wheels?

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...

Post by Guest »

i noticed what i think looks pretty cool is a few people on cardomain had taken some not all of the paint off their gtz wheels and i think it would look pretty sharp if i had it done to mine how did they do it heres the pic of the car i seen its sweet http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/494899 there ya go thanks guys !  

Post by Guest »

Hey!! I don't know how they did it but your wheels would look great that way. I would say go for it!!

Racing_Rush

Post by Racing_Rush »

Yeah that looks really sweet and its something I would do if I had GTZ wheels.... Its would be pretty easy to do, all that you do is:

Strip all the paint off your wheels with maybe a chemical stripper -Caution this stuff is really harmful, so wear heady duty gloves when using this stuff-

Then clean all the little bits off with a scraper and reapply the stripper to parts that werent stripped.  After all the paint is off just wash the wheels down really well cause you don't want any acid on the rims.  Then you take some like 120 grit sandpaper and go to town sanding down the whole rim to remove any inperfections in the rims.

Then go progessively finer and finer ie. 120- 200- 400- 1000- 1500- 2000.  then you can tape off the "polished sections" and after cleaning the rim well with some wax remover you can prime the rim.  Then paint.

Then remove all the tape and use a good aluminum polish to polish the face of the wheel.  After you get everything just right clearcoat the wheel like 5 times.

1991 Cavalier Z24- Racing seats, MSD wires, relocated MSD coils, 2.5" exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds, high volume oil pump, poly grafite front end, 92+ brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, 1.5" lowering, 17" Klasse wheels...

Future Plans: 18's, paint, rear discs, more horsepower...

Post by Guest »

Tom-Acid Burn I think that is his screen name here an bstuff has his gtz rims like that, but he bought them from a beretta in the jy, they do look nice though!

93gt--z

Post by 93gt--z »

Quite a few people's done it, and they look hot...I currently have two sets of gtz rims done like this....

heres the best pic I could find of my black set...

and here's a link of my other set(sorry they werent polished good in these pics...). If done good they look really blingy and sweet

clicky...

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap
MAD MARK

Post by MAD MARK »

And whats the way you went about this 93 gt-z

MAD MARK
93gt--z

Post by 93gt--z »

pretty much the same as posted above...if you use paint stripper, the surface will be very rough to start with, so in my opinion, it's easier to just start sanding the paint off it...the only thing with this is it might leave some paint on the rim in the little inperfections-this is a ##### to clean and get rid of...

By yeah, just sand the hell out of them, then keep going finer...once you get a smooth, fairly polished(probably will look more like brushed aluminium at this stage) surface, start polishing them...I used a polishing wheel with a block of polish, but you can use a "rubbing compound" style...

All in all, the best results will take more work..the finer you sand, and the more you polish, the better they look in the end...I put probably around 10 or more hours into each rim with sanding polishing,etc....

Also, be very careful around the edges...taping up all the edges is a good idea too....

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap

Post by Guest »

damn guys they look pretty sweet! wow 10 hours on each wheel but also one thing i noticed on that guys wheels he made his own aluminum center caps which really set those wheels off and thanks for the feedback guys if there are any more ideas feel free to help me brainstorm some more!  

Racing_Rush

Post by Racing_Rush »

That sounds awsome you gotta get some pictures up.

1991 Cavalier Z24- Racing seats, MSD wires, relocated MSD coils, 2.5" exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds, high volume oil pump, poly grafite front end, 92+ brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, 1.5" lowering, 17" Klasse wheels...

Future Plans: 18's, paint, rear discs, more horsepower...

Post by Guest »

I have a pic of my gtz on members rides but no mods yet ill get there though  

Post by Guest »

Don`t U.S version Berettas come with a chassis rust protection coating? My euro spec gtz is completely black underneath, they come like that in Europe.

Chazzman

Post by Chazzman »

(Andrew @ Aug. 19 2005,12:20)Q
U
O
T
EDon`t U.S version Berettas come with a chassis rust protection coating? My euro spec gtz is completely black underneath, they come like that in Europe.
Neither of mine came with factory undercoating. They both had a bare undercarriage with factory paint  on the floor pans.

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  

Post by Guest »

how do you guys think a polish job would look on the 89 gt wheels?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I wouldnt do it.  You're talking about those crosslaces right?
It would take too much time to polish them.  Unless you're going for just the lip.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

yeah those wheels 88gtu...what i was going to do was polish the lip and have a polised center cap made and have the wheel itself sprayed black..