Not the average beretta wet ....

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Post by Guest »

okay, we've all heard about the normal "wet carpet syndrome" but has anyone ever gotten pools of water underneath the back floors?  it rained the other day and i opened up my 91 GT when it was done, and there was a HUGE pool of water just sitting behind the driver's seat.  i noticed the passenger-side back floor looked a little "inflated" so i pushed on it, and to my horror, i hear water sloshing around, then i checked where the pool was, and same thing

i have water trapped under the carpet, but the strange thing is, that everything else is bone-dry.

i'm so confused by this...ever happen to anyone else?

Post by Guest »

Did something accidently spill back there? Has anyone recently borrowed your  car? They may have spilled something back there, and accidently "forgot" to tell you about it.

Post by Guest »

Maybe your door seals are in need of replace.  Mine in my 90GT were starting to go.. That, and the door never sealed right to begin with.

Post by Guest »

My old '88 base would pool up like that. When I parked it in the front position in my driveway, the pass front of the car would be raised up a little more than the left rear. When it would rain while parked like this, i always had to pull out the wet/dry vac. I am assuming it would leak through the cowl and just drain back.

Post by Guest »

i had a pool of water on my diver's side floor in my 89GT. i just left it there cause i was p!ssed off, and it ended up freezing into a solid peice of ice. then when it thawed i sopped it up it a towel.

Post by Guest »

The floor in the car is sloped towards the rear--the water leak is most likey in the fornt of the car but to be sure do yourself a favor--take a afternoon---about 4 hrs and take out the seats, console, carpet and have a friend hose the car down while you sit inside--see where the water is coming from and track the leak from there. Whiel you have the interior out clean it and let it dry out.

Post by Guest »

Yeah best thing to do is take a few hours on a weekend and tear it all out.  I had to drive around for 1 month with just a drivers seat cuz i couldnt find my leak.  It was worse than rebuilding an automatic transmission.

Post by Guest »

Quote (95Z26 @ Mar. 05 2002,12:07)Yeah best thing to do is take a few hours on a weekend and tear it all out.  I had to drive around for 1 month with just a drivers seat cuz i couldnt find my leak.  It was worse than rebuilding an automatic transmission.
So you finally fixed that water leak or are you just going to go with the "I am saving weight for my 1/4 mile passes".

jamaicanbob

Post by jamaicanbob »

I don't have the wet carpet syndrome in the front, it happens in the rear passenger side... Right now I have a nice sheet of ice there  

Post by Guest »

Quote Quote (95Z26 @ Mar. 05 2002,127)
Yeah best thing to do is take a few hours on a weekend and tear it all out.  I had to drive around for 1 month with just a drivers seat cuz i couldnt find my leak.  It was worse than rebuilding an automatic transmission.

So you finally fixed that water leak or are you just going to go with the "I am saving weight for my 1/4 mile passes".

Yeah its fixed.  But even tho it might knock a few tenths off the 1/4, I really like my car better with amenities such as a pass. chair and a rear seat so that my friends can sit on.  They were starting to complain about sitting on the metal, hehe.

Post by Guest »

I beleive it is caused my the passenger door seals, I will check into this and get back to u.