GTZ24 Update

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
bonecrrusher

GTZ24 Update

Post by bonecrrusher »

Well since I had the day off, and it was the first time Ive been home in a long while, I decided to be efficient and get some work done.

Those of you at Bfest, as well as the past bonerfest's have probably seen my crappy doors that were on the Cavy. Well they were rusting on the bottom and the exterior door skin had some surface rust, while the inner door part was gone. I grinded out all the rust on the outer door skin panel, it was only surface rust. Now for the inner door panel, I had to weld in some new metal and make everything flush again. I'm not quite finished with the inner panels, but the rust is gone and everything has been reinforced with new metal / welds.  

After I finished off with the welds, I ground everything flat again and then Por15'd the hell out of the lower door on both sides.

Today, I finished up Z24 sideskirts. I didnt finish with the plastic body filler that I had laid on there a few weeks ago.  So I wetsanded the few spots flat and checked the rest of the skirts for imperfections and nicks. They were looking good so I cleaned them off with acetone, and then started primering them.  I finished both of them, and they are now drying. I still need to do a light wetsanding on both parts.

I also grabbed the Z24 door skins from the attic and wet sanded them with 220, then 400 grit. The door skins were in awesome shape and didnt have any dings in them. So I cleaned them off with acetone as well and then primered them.  They are drying and need to be wetsanded as well.

Well the lesson of today, Door rust = PWNeD! My goal is to have the full Z24 kit on by Sunday morning. Well see how that goes.

Next step is to finish the wetsanding, and remove the crappy black trim thats on the doors and side panels.

Now for teh pics...

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Baims_91Base

GTZ24 Update

Post by Baims_91Base »

Lookin' good...I never thought I'd see the Cavy come this far....especially since it wasn't anything more than a daily driver a few years ago.

Dustin - Webmaster, BerettaSpeed.com
1991 "Base" -> BFest '03, '04, '11 - '12 Best Modified Engine Bay
1994 Base -> 65k, DGGM, INDY GFX
1988 GTU -> 300k - RIP, parts/donor car, BFest '05
KFLO 93 GT

GTZ24 Update

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Damn, go brutha craig!  

93 GTs
bonecrrusher

GTZ24 Update

Post by bonecrrusher »

The door trim = own3d! My car looks nekked right now. I woke up at 8am for the last 2 days and got them off, then I had to go to work. Im still kind of freezing, it was about 40* this morning and windy. WOhoo for working on my car outside in late fall. Yes I know I need to wash the car and get the dirt off, but all the bodymodling tape is off at least.

Well tomorrow Im off and the brackets for the sideskirts go on. I need to get to the hardware store and pick up some stainless screws and some urethane.

Now for teh pics...

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
bonecrrusher

GTZ24 Update

Post by bonecrrusher »

Update...

The base is almost fully Z kitted. I swore that I pulled the door brackets off the car that we got the kit from, but apparently not. I tore my house apart looking for the brackets, but to no avail I couldnt find them.

So I spent Friday Por15'ng the side skirt brackets because they had some surface rust and looked like arse. I also por15'd both frame rails under the car because they had a bit of surface rust on them, so I wanted to make them look better. They are now nice and glossy black. I think Im going to do the rest of the frame under the car.

Today I installed both Z24 sideskirts, and let me tell you, what a pain in the butt! I spent all day outside working on these stupid skirts. I woke up and wetsanded them, and then primered over the por15 that was on the doors. I made a trip to the hardware store and got some stainless steel screws, washers, and some Permatex rubber sealer.

I grabbed the power drill and started drilling away. I lined up the side skirt brackets and marked the holes that I was going to drill, drilled, and then screwed the brackets on. After some test fitting and adjustment I got the Drivers sideskirt on. Then I moved on to the passenger side and did the same. I mounted the pass side bracket a little bit higher and it looked alot better. So I took the drivers side skirt back off and bored out the holes in the bracket a bit bigger and moved the bracket up a bit. After a few test fits, and more drilling, I got the skirt looking good. I then moved on to the upper skirt mounting plastic plates, I measured and then marked my holes. Drilled and screwed the plates in.  I then moved onto the wheel wells and drilled the two holes for the front and rear wheel wells.

Since the Z kit has that stupid plastic tab that you push into the fender up front, I drilled a hole, then drilled a bigger one and pushed the tab into the fender.

Tomorrow, Im going to take the whole kit off again, and Por15 all of the holes, and when that dries put the screws back in and seal them with rubber sealent.

Now for the pics...

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
bonecrrusher

GTZ24 Update

Post by bonecrrusher »

Today I took the sideskirts back off and Por15'd over the holes, let that dry and then put them back on with rubber sealer on the stainless steel screws as well.

I also finished my motor swap..

Now for teh Pics..

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
1988GTU

GTZ24 Update

Post by 1988GTU »

One fast motha scratcher...  

Keep up the great work.

_________
-------------
Ribz80

GTZ24 Update

Post by Ribz80 »

(bonecrrusher @ Oct. 30 2005,20:34)Q
U
O
T
EI also finished my motor swap..

Now for teh Pics..

If only it was that easy.  

I can put on my 3.1 TURBO intake manifold in a matter of minutes, if only that meant my turbo project would be ready roll :P

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
bonecrrusher

GTZ24 Update

Post by bonecrrusher »

Update... Went to the jyard today to see if there were any parts that I could pull. I walked pass a GM car and noticed it had a black interior, I looked up and noticed this. Im like HOLY$!#@!  I swapped in a GTZ overhead console into my car last year and it is grey in color. I have since swapped my color to black and was going to dye my OEM piece, well now I dont have to. I also found 20 bucks in the car, so I didnt pay for this part and the few other Jbody parts I pulled. Say hello to my new black overhead console....

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
spacecadetz26

GTZ24 Update

Post by spacecadetz26 »

What car had that? Grand Am?

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
bonecrrusher

GTZ24 Update

Post by bonecrrusher »

(Baims_91Base @ Oct. 25 2005,21:33)Q
U
O
T
ELookin' good...I never thought I'd see the Cavy come this far....especially since it wasn't anything more than a daily driver a few years ago.
I'd have to agree. I thought I was going to be all cool with the W41 Quad 4. But meh $hit happens, and motors blow. Then you get sick of a certain engine. Oh well, 3400 here I come.

This has been a learning experience, doing all of my own body work, repairing and fixing rust. Welding for the first time, a lot of work went into those doors. I need to get the door skin brackets and drill the holes, then I can finish the lower inside door panel with this seam sealer tape.

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS