FRONT BUMPERS! Differences?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that

Post by Guest »

Hey guys...I picked up a '90 GTZ two days ago (pics in the Members Rides section) and the previous owner decided to annihilate a mailbox w/ it, so the front bumpie is kinda crunched up. I like the look of the GTZ kit, but I'm not sure how different the front is from a normal Beretta...is it just a Beretta bumpie w/ a lower lip? is it the same as GTUs? Or do GTZs have unique bumpers?

I'm just gonna hit up a few junkyards on the weekend and I'd like to see a few pics/ideas of what would fit...thanks very much

BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

They are not the same although all beretta bumpers will fit on your car.  Z26 bumpers are the exact same as yours, known as Z04 ground effects.  The difference between the GTZ/Z26 bumpers is  where the turn signal lamps are. On your car you have the two foglights and turn lamps. On a regular beretta it;s just a turn lamp and the regular lamps sit closer up, so on the GTZ bumpers you have them sitting slightly deeper. The GTU bumpers aren't the same as the GTZs, I'm not sure if the GTU had fog lights or not.  MOST GTZs and Z26s you will find  in the JY will have cracked or sagging ground effects on them. I've only run across  1 that was perfect and I go to JYs all the time. Hope that helps.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

GTU's have the base setup for the turn signal lights.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

thanks...do the Z26s still have foglights? I kinda like them...and if the car's already wired up w/ the funky little switch on the roof, then why not use it

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

You should have foglights too.
Walk out to your car and look.  You might have to get on the ground, I know, its too much work.

_________
-------------
Jetfoi34

Post by Jetfoi34 »

grab either a z26 or gtz front bumper
pretty much the same
the z26/gtz are one full piece i think as where the gtu is just an extension on the base/gt bumper

1991 Beretta GT 3400 5-speed -- black/garnet

1988 Beretta GT auto
17.355 @ 78.63

1991 Beretta GTZ quad4  -  R.I.P.

Post by Guest »

Thanks sandwich...do most junkyards know what a z26 is if I phone them? appreciate your help

88gtu: while picking on a n00b w/ your lame sarcastic remarks might make you feel big, it may go over better if you read my post. I have a GTZ and i know i have fogs. I was asking about the Z26s...thanks for coming out, though

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

(LowriderS10 @ Nov. 03 2005,21:16)Q
U
O
T
Edo the Z26s still have foglights? I kinda like them...and if the car's already wired up w/ the funky little switch on the roof, then why not use it
By this post I quoted, I felt that you thought you didn't know if you knew you had the fog lights.....
If you read some of the stuff that is on teh main page, it'll save you on asking questions that are already answered for you.

Sorry for making my self come off sounding hard.
Have a  

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

no worries at all...and yeah you just misread it...lol I knew I had fogs...(although one of them is smashed up) and I definitely wanted to keep fogs regardless of whether I went Z26 front bumper or GTZ....I might go Z26...those are the ones w/ the one smooth cutout, right?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

The Z26 bumpers are just like the GTZ from all what I have seen.  So if you could find a bumper from the yard off any Z, then you'd be all set.
I think the present year base berettas came with a different style bumper than the 87-91 (Guessing the years) .  For example; the moldings are one with the bumper on the present years where as the old school had it where it was replaceable.
So what I am getting at is that it'd match better with a newer style bumper then using a old style bumper skin if you cannot locate a Z bumper skin.  You'd just have to custom mount your fogs in the base bumper.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

Thanks a lot...I'll try and go hunting this weekend...see what we have around here...though I haven't seen any GTZs or Z26s around town, so it may be slim pickin's. And is it just me or the Z26 bodykit is identical to the GTZ kit?

NewNann

Post by NewNann »

They're the same thing, the GTZ ran from 90-93, Z26's were 94-96. If you do find one look and make sure all of the supports are still connected to the lip. Your lucky because they made black Z26's so if you find one it might not need painting. Make sure you get a Z bumper too if that got crunched, as a base bumper will not work with the Z bumper cover. The RPO code for the appearance package is Z04

-Ryan          B Net Member #43..
2012 GTI

Post by Guest »

sweeeeeeeeeet thanks a lot....you guys are awesome!!

I saw a dead Z26 in a boneyard, but it was crunched I'll keep hunting, though ...now that I know what to look for...thanks again