DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
nikosuave8896

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - Updated on 12-11-11

Post by nikosuave8896 »

Deer suck. A deer messed up my girlfriends sebring back in October. I almost hit one going to class a month ago. I feel like I can't drive at night anymore without one possibly coming out of nowhere wanting me to hit it.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I would rather have a used set of OEM built lights than an aftermarket set. Aftermarket plastic sucks ass. I know first hand.

Sure I will find what I need soon enough. I'm hoping that the light is not busted beyond use, only cracked. Will find out once I have dealt with insurance again, etc etc. *sigh

They may total it, since I just had a claim 2 months ago already. I had fixed the damage, but hadn't painted the replacement hood yet.

Oh well.

See what happens.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

That makes me sick. I guess you will have to honk the horn the whole time your driving.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Someone else said to drive slower. Like hell. I will drive the speed I want to, deer aren't going to change that. Though it may help if I had the horn installed... LOL

Sad part is, I wasn't going that fast when it happened, and being on slick roads, you aren't going to be swerving unless you like ditches. HA. Ah well. Already called the insurance company, they are going to take care of it. I have full coverage on it, including the comp and no deductible. It helps in situations like this trust me, makes it worth the price difference, which to be honest isn't that bad.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Man that's good news! Yeah from the look of the impact it looked like you were driving slow or got the brakes on.
Well all you really need is a cow catcher on the front of the car like the old trains(lol).

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Seriously debating fabricating a deer bumper to bolt on to the car, if it would keep the deer off the hood!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hey it comes with living out in the middle of no where, just like having dial up internet ;)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Boy it would have to be huge. Got to keep it off the windshield too. Time to get a big truck for a DD.
Well at least you are keeping the population in check. :)
Last edited by Money pit Beretta on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keep'em flying!
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Put a bully bar on there like the general lee. haha

Deer season needs to be year round until they are all dead. That would be cool.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Apparently I can't win.

Lets see.

Tonight, I was on my way home. About 15 miles from home, a cop pulls me over for having a headlight out. This I knew about, having extinguished it when I hit the deer on Wed. (It didn't die right away, but it went out) No biggie, the cop saw my badge, heard my explanation and let me go, no problem at all. I thanked him and went on my merry way!

Then about maybe 3 or 4 miles later guess what happens?

Oh yeah. This car is definitely fucking cursed or something. Sorry about the crappier pics, I left my good camera at the fiance's place.

This time I called into dispatch and asked them to send me the cop that pulled me over, but I ended up with one of the state boys. No biggie. We talked, showed him the deer, the damage, he wrote me a report, so the insurance would believe me. HA. Yeah, this is going to be interesting. He did offer to write me a permit to keep the deer, but I had no way to tie it onto the car and take it home, or I probably would have. lol

This time, I took the damage again on the driver's side, and the impact was between 50-55, I had no warning at all. She came at a full gallop from the treeline, which on this part of the road was close. I got pounded pretty good. Fender is completely bashed in, door won't open more than about a foot, which makes getting in and out of the car an interesting challenge. Pushed the wheel liner in onto the tire. Well I should say it pushed the CAI in onto the tire. It now rubs constantly, so I have to fix that tomorrow. Busted my nice left side headlight, of the set I got from Ron. You know, I think that pissed me off more than anything, I liked those lights!

Here's the thing:

Depending on what the insurance company decides to do.... I'm going to try to get the adjuster to NOT total it out, even if that means quoting the damage for as little as possible. Reason being, is if it does get totaled out, and even if I decide to keep it, I will have to then get it all fixed before I can use the car again. Right now, I just want to fix it enough to last the rest of the season, then I can decide if I want to fix it fully or do another beretta... Especially if I keep hitting deer all winter! This whole thing is making me nervous, I can't believe I have hit 3 deer in less than 3 months, 2 in one week!!!!

Kinda messin with my Beretta mojo thing I have going on! lol

And the final straw that broke the back was that I NEARLY hit another not even 5 miles from THIS one!!!! lol

Ah well. See what happens tomorrow.

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

instead of being a chick magnet I guess we can call you the deer magnet. man this car is sure taking a good winter beating

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

You sell this thing for a good price and ill buy it plus some extra parts. Getting some good taxes this year so i need something to drive while i fix my gtz lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Unfortunately.

Well, will know more tomorrow. I hope to get it inside long enough to fix the critical damage, so I can drive it without a tire rub or lights out.

Seriously? Make me an offer. lol

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Idk what you paid for it. But $500 the way it sits or $800 fixed plus the spoiler and a few extra parts?

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, let me see what happens with the adjuster from State Farm first. lol