My poor beretta rear ended :(

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
nikosuave8896

My poor beretta rear ended :(

Post by nikosuave8896 »

So tonight coming home from work i was rear ended and im probably gonna have to say goodbye to her :(. I gotta wait to hear from the adjuster and im probably am not gonna get anything for it as all it has is liability on it. Ill upload pictures of her tomorrow. I wanted to also say thank you to everyone who showed me a great wealth of knowledge and looking at all the members awesome berettas. it was a blast having this car and it being my first car was a wonderful experience.

DTMAce

Re: My poor beretta rear ended :(

Post by DTMAce »

Well, that sucks! Sorry to hear that man.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Sorry to hear it too. Think you will get another?

keep'em flying!
nikosuave8896

Post by nikosuave8896 »

I would love to, but If I did, I kinda wanted a pre 94 one with at least the GT model but there are none for sale right now in my area sadly. The ads I been looking at are way to old and I need something fast. Who knows maybe one will pop up in the next few days, ya never know :P

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Just because you have liability on it doesn't mean you won't get something for it. If this was your fault, THEN you wouldn't get anything for it.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

It also depends on the state; not all states pay for cars that get totaled if you have basic coverage.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
nikosuave8896

Post by nikosuave8896 »

Yeah according to the person who hit me's insurance company I will be getting something depending on the condition of the car. Im guessing before the accident. I will be showing ALL the paperwork I had done to this car cause that timing cover gasket was 600 dollars. Im gonna make sure the adjuster sees that. This sucks because there is NOTHING out there! The amount I will probably be getting can buy me a beretta as they go for really cheap as everything else has high miles or is ridiculously overpriced. I may travel a good distance to look at berettas as most of them are a few hours north. Good price with no miles and they are all pre 94's!
Last edited by nikosuave8896 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Did you get pics yet? How bad is it?

nikosuave8896

Post by nikosuave8896 »

I didn't get a chance to get pictures today because I was on the phone with insurance company, school, etc. It's raining now and everything was held together with masking tape (Lawls). I taped it so I could get to school today but now its pouring out all that tape is gonna fall off and everythings gonna fall out of place. If its not pouring tomorrow I will get the camera out there and snap some photos for everyone.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok the fact that you can still drive it means it can't be that bad... Otherwise thats just nuts to drive around a compromised smashed up car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
beretta

Post by beretta »

i need to get on my insurance broker and get some stuff together. for my 96 i got a reciept saying i paid 200 for the car so tax didnt cost me hardly anything to change it over. my insurance i think only covers that value and i only have liability, collision was 7 bucks extra/month i told them to add it but im not paying for it yet so obviously they havent gotten on that. i also should take it to a shop and have it appraised for a good price, i would cry if something happend and i only got 200 bucks for it. i pay almost that a month just for insurance.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

beretta wrote:i need to get on my insurance broker and get some stuff together. for my 96 i got a reciept saying i paid 200 for the car so tax didnt cost me hardly anything to change it over. my insurance i think only covers that value and i only have liability, collision was 7 bucks extra/month i told them to add it but im not paying for it yet so obviously they havent gotten on that. i also should take it to a shop and have it appraised for a good price, i would cry if something happend and i only got 200 bucks for it. i pay almost that a month just for insurance.
That is BS. I have insurance on my vehicle through State Farm. They don't care if I bought the vehicle for 5 bucks or 5000 bucks, its face value worth is determined by their own blue book guide, which is usually a better deal than KBB. Now I can supplement the value with documentation if needed to give it more coverage than its face value, but not all insurance companies will offer that option, or it will be severely limited.

I bought the 03 Caravan for 700, but its value is around 4500. Insurance took care of me when I had a recent turkey hit then a collision with another vehicle. They paid for all the damages.

I don't know who you have, but most major companies don't do what you are saying. Appraisals should only be done on vehicles that are majorly customized or really are worth more than book value. And then you wind up with costly insurance too.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

nikosuave8896

Post by nikosuave8896 »

My mother was worried about me driving a smashed up car so we took it to the mechanic today to see if it was safe to drive. We got it up on the lift and found out the rear frame was bent :(. So she is going to be totaled at this point. The adjuster still hasn't called me back and I am getting pissed off. One business day, yeah right.

Also on the way home my dad managed to blow one of my hoses lol. Its right where the upper plenum is. I'm guessing its some kind of bypass or something. Not gonna bother with it. Just sits in my driveway.

I got the stereo out, rear speakers and cleaned it out. Right now it sits in my driveway waiting to be declared totaled. Also like where the bumper is the shock absorber thingy was leaking so a new one of those.

Like I missed the frame damage, and the leaking absorber thing so it's more things I gotta tell to the insurance company.

Also will I get compensated by them because of all the recent work I had done to it? I have receipts of mostly all of the expensive work that I definitively want to show them.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

As I stated before, the problem is unless that stuff is turned into the insurance company as it is done, before the incident, they are most likely going to say tough luck. A lot of people try to con the insurance company like that, so often they won't honor it. If you have a few things, they might, but if it gets to be more than the baseline value of the vehicle on their book, then forget it.

I know I put quite a bit into the Z when I rebuilt it. At best, I would probably get around 2k if it was totaled today.

All I can say, is you can try. Just don't go overboard. They also take into account condition, cleanliness, stuff like that too. Having pulled the stereo, means that when the adjuster sees the car, he will be looking at it AS IS. No radio subtracts from your value, just FYI. This is why I took a ton of pictures when I went ahead and fixed some of the deer damage on my base, so it was safe to drive.

nikosuave8896

Post by nikosuave8896 »

Yeah I kind of forgot about all that stuff. I am not expecting much out of it. It will be told as it is and that will be the end of it.