Black gtz / pvc intake guy

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum
90BerettaGTZ

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

hey =)

guy with the GTZ and pvc intake setup. could i have a parts list and or pictures please? many thanks.

90BerettaGTZ

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

ericm555 <~ you / him. you are the one im looking for. thanks

Post by Guest »

Quote (90BerettaGTZ @ Mar. 10 2002,6:11)ericm555
Ya thats me.
Heres a pic.

Its just a piece of 3" PVC 45 degree elbow with a short piece of 3" strait pipe that hooks to the filter. I used a rubber clamp thingy I cant think of the name. They fit over the PVC and clamp down. I got one of those cheep $20 filters from autozone and pulled the small rubber thing out of it and put a big one in there so it will clamp onto the 3" PVC. I also used a piece of 3/4" tube and taped the PVC to run the oil/air seperator but most people just use a breather filter. Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

think twice about that pvc intake tubing.  the c in pvc if for chloride, or chlorine.  as i am sure you are aware, a very poisonous gas.  and pvc can give off that gas when it gets hot, as it will in your hood.  you should be able to find all the parts that were pvc in black rubber.

ROb

90BerettaGTZ

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

thanks Rob, but im not entirely sure that its going to get that hot in that location. hot water pipes in mobile homes are pvc and in jacuzzis. i realize that underhood gets hot, but theres no direct heat being applied to the pvc other than the ambient stuff.

pvc is alot thicker than the rubber stuff, therefor making for a better insulator. admittedly over a longer period of time rubber would be better because it would cool faster [ maybe maybe not but it sounds good ].

if the rubber stuff is smooth inside with no kinks or convoluted edges then ill use that instead. the price has to be right as well.

thanks for the picture, that helped out alot. time for me to hit home depot.

90BerettaGTZ

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

while i have you attention Eric, how are the kdw tires in the handling department? sidewalls stiffer than the "norm"?

Post by Guest »

Quote (90BerettaGTZ @ Mar. 11 2002,5:29)while i have you attention Eric, how are the kdw tires in the handling department? sidewalls stiffer than the "norm"?
They are much stiffer than anything I have seen before. They dont seem to flex at all. I used to have Comp TA VR4s and these are so much stiffer. They get really good dry and wet traction but do not try and drive them in the snow.

90BerettaGTZ

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

hehe snow is not much of an issue in Florida.

i may go with the yoko avs inter. tire for pricing plus ive heard alot of good things over the years. *shrug* thanks again for the input. itll be put to good use.

Post by Guest »

I have PVC rubber 3in pipes & I haven't emitted any poisonous gases...if you're scared about the plastic ones melting away, use rubber PVC.

Post by Guest »

The only thing that would melt it would be the exhaust manafold. That would be hard for it to get on since its on the back of the engine.