Custom LED Light Builds - Updated February 6th 2013!

List a Beretta Item for sale
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Custom LED Light Builds

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well in that case, ignore what I said... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, just a small update. I will be revising this thread later this week. I have more to offer, and I will have a bit more time during this winter to make some items. But I also have a couple of requests:

I need a few items to tear down for conversions:

I have a set of base lamps, but I would like to acquire a set of Z04 standard yellow front lamps. (GTZ/Z26). They do not have to be in great shape, can be dirty, or fogged, pitted, whatever, but preferably not shattered or broken.

Also, I'm working on a special project, something different. However I need a decent upper filler from the older gen that is clear. I have one, but its in BAD shape, especially the mounting area. I would like one that is a bit better. Doesn't have to be mint! Just not all busted. This one has a few cracks in the outer panel, and has nearly half the mounting locations busted off on the backside, along with big broken sections, etc.

Lastly, I'm always on the lookout for Z04 3rd brake lenses, and sidemarker lenses. The only requirements for the 3rd brake lights, is that the red portion of the lens is not broken or cracked, and that the bulb housing is at least present. I do not care if the bulbs have damaged the house, or melted the thing, all that gets cut off, but I need a small portion to keep the angle correct.

For the sidemarkers, all I need are good lenses. I don't care about the white or black housing backing where the bulb goes.

Those of you willing to donate to the cause, can get discounts on an LED purchase. Otherwise make a reasonable offer w/pics, and as I have funds/need to purchase I will.

I'm thinking of carrying a few for stock, things like side markers aren't too hard to have on hand. I have a few blank sets already in fact. LOL

Don't be going to JY's just to find me this stuff, but if you happen across them while you are already looking for others, let me know. No promises on funds at any time, but if I need something its cool to have it. Donations help the cause too.

Anyway, thanks guys. Soon as I get a few things caught up around here, I hope to have a few more exciting things to show you all.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I just may have some stuff for you...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Updates..........

I have received my Euro tails today. hehehehehehehehehe Thanks Shane!

Anyway, current list of items picked up the past few months:

Euro tails.
Front Z markers in clear.
3 pairs of clear side markers.
3 sets of clear rear fillers.
Several LED strips both normal and high brightness levels.

If thing go the way I want, should make for an interesting bfest this June. :D

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Do we get a preview before Bfest?

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Hmmmmm...

I will have to think about that. LOL

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

You know, some of us can't make it there...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

And some should just make the effort to go once in a while..... LOL

Well, going to depend on whether or not I get things done in time. Maybe those that show up get to see it first, everyone else can get the pics.... ;)

Chazzman

Post by Chazzman »

Hve you done any GTU third brake lamps yet Chris?

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I need to actually. Guess I better get after those as well.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well I got in my order of high power LED strip lights. I did 3 strips of 30 LEDs each of red, yellow and natural white as a test. Holy hell are they bright! Now to play around getting them installed.....

Here are pictures to give you all some idea of the difference:

Old yellow style:

New yellow style:

Yellow side by side:

Old red style:

New red style:

Red side by side:

I like these a lot better. Just wish they had been around a while back. BTW. These do draw a lot more amps, and actually do put out some heat. Within a minute you can feel the heat off them really easily. Are they going to be hot enough to melt things? I doubt it, probably even less chance than a normal bulb.

DTMAce

Re: Custom LED Light Builds - Updated Feb 18th, 2012

Post by DTMAce »

I have updated the first post as well with some of this new info. More to come as it develops!

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Do want front, clear LED Z markers...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Hahah.

I have already figured out how to do them too. 5 rows of the strips, 3 of the high power ones and 2 of the lower power ones in alternating rows, and hooked up appropriately to the turn/hazard and running light feeds. Would work perfectly. No special circuit needed or anything. Hard part is taking the light apart without busting it. They glue these clear bastards together REALLY well. May have to cut them apart using a thin cutoff wheel and the dremmel actually.

Edit:

Actually let me restate that. I just examined the light, I think I will just zip the entire bulb reflector off the lens, leaving the mounting alone, then using a piece of plexi, mount the LEDs, run the wiring, silicone it the hell back in place, and setup a bulb connector with a tie up so it can't flop around and pull crap loose. It will make the light uber thin (like a 1/2 inch thick), but that doesn't matter anyway. Paint the back of the plexi black and be done with it. Definitely will change the look of the light a ton. Be almost like blacking it out, yet the light would kick on and blind your ass.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ok, here. I just got done in the past hour mocking up one of the front lamps to give you the idea of what they will look like, or sort of look like when completed. These are going on the Z for this year's road trip. :D

Anyway, here ya go.

There ya go!

Just to add from the first post in this thread:

I left as much of the support for the mount as I possibly could. But with these being lighter, it will be plenty strong enough to withstand most day to day BS. But yeah, if you hit the light with something hard or something, sure its going to most likely break it.

As for you Ryan, just get me a set of the lights to mod. These are getting built with the yellow lighting for the turns.