WOT-TECH header feedback..

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
Slinky

WOT-TECH header feedback..

Post by Slinky »

Ok so after waiting 11.5 months i got my headers, i am very dissapointed..

I am wondering if anyone else got theirs like this or it was just me because i gave negative feedback having to due with them before..

Mine came with undercut on all the welds, mismatch on the inside pieces of the tubing, a ton of runs/spots that were not painted including over the wires used to hang while painting (still left on there for me to remove), which will be causing premature rusting..

And on top of that i cannot even get my top bolt in because they bent the tube to much..

Bolt wont fit...

Hangers painted over and left for me to remove...

Bad runs in paint..

More runs/buildup..

More paint buildup/runs..

Not worth $600+shipping IMHO, everyone is better off going to a local shop and getting them to make them..
Last edited by 3X00-Modified on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate picture

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Money pit Beretta

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Post by Money pit Beretta »

So you just can't pull the header and then thread the bolt in?
Damn... better check mine, they are still in the box(job loss ended my build).

keep'em flying!
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Money pit Beretta wrote:So you just can't pull the header and then thread the bolt in?
Damn... better check mine, they are still in the box(job loss ended my build).
Nope, they hang up even off the engine.. going to have to take the front one completely off than drill the hole bigger to fix their mistake..

Money pit Beretta

That sucks. Won't it rust if you drill it out?

keep'em flying!
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Yes it will rust, just like the many spots they didnt paint..

Money pit Beretta

I'll take a look at mine Friday. It was one of the first and may be just fine.
Did you talk to anyone about sending them back?

keep'em flying!
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Just cut a bit off of the bolt, that's a damn simple fix.

I've never bought a set of painted headers anywhere from any company that didn't have runs in the paint. Paint is just a coating to prevent rust during shipping, it's going to burn up and flake off anyways until you can get a proper coating on them.

The biggest problem I see is little pieces of wire, which would take all of 10 seconds with a pair of snips. Sure they could have done it, but it's not much to complain about. If you're that concerned on the paint below the wire, go buy a rattle can and touch it up.

It's a fine looking set of headers, I think I'd bolt them on and drop the throttle. Open headers. 8)

93 GTs
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

These are honestly minor issues. You paid for custom headers (and $600 plus shipping isn't bad for that for a market that isn't large to cover the R&D cost involved to fabricate something of this nature).

Sure, you could have gotten other headers for an N-body, and either hacked them up yourself to clear the firewall, or if you lack those skills, you'd have to pay someone else to do it. Which I almost guarantee would cost more than what you paid for these headers. If you have someone else build headers for your car, I'd also almost guarantee that it would have cost more for a single batch unless you really had some "ins".

You are in the wrong car if you want everything to bolt up perfectly out of the box. Just about everything needs some form of massaging to get to work on these cars. Fix the minor issues (which would take all of 30 minutes to fix honestly), send them out to be Jet-hot coated, and be done with it.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Kflo the bolts are locking bolts, they cannot be cut in length and if i grind the head they could strip and will rust.

woody everyone tried justifying the near year wait of my headers by saying they would be custom and fit, now i get them after they knew my exact make, model, engine, trans ect and after paying $600+shipping and u tell me i should have to modify them to make them fit?

I didnt make this thread to start a chat, so everyone know your info is not needed or at all wanted, its just feedback, im mostly disappointed at the welds, i was a tig welder for 3 years and it hurts me to see welds that look like that when i payed so much, aside from the fact that if i look in the pipes i can see how misaligned they are knowing it will cause poor flow and not even worth the money..

Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

That tig welding looks like my mig welding.

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

The level of quality will come out once installed and used. If you start getting cracking..you have problems.

They are a little sloppy for that price point. I paid about 1/2 that for headers..slightly less quality but 1 of a kind.

After looking at the bolt though. These were not built while attached to a core head or jig?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Dimple the tube to fit the bolt. My S&S headers had slight dimples in a couple places for just that reason. Those MIG welds dont look that bad to me. I'd run 'em.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Or they simply used Alan head bolts to install the headers like I did and did not use locking studs hence why their clearance is a lot less than what those need... Also locking studs IMHO are a waste of money. I have alan cap screws with washers and none have ever fallen out, even with my threads near stripped I didn't loose any.

Those are Mig welds and they don't look that bad, Honestly the look of them is simply degraded by the paint used which yes is a bit shotty if you ask me, but no matter how good you paint a set of headers they will burn off the paint and rust in 3 months... TRUST ME. So as others have said, Buck up, get them blasted and ceramic coated if you want a rust free option and then learn to get the nut on the headers without it hitting its possible, pull the front header away and start the nuts on and slide it in as you thread the nut down.

And if your still that disappointed sell the headers and stop bitching about it because honestly I'm getting sick of hearing it and ONLY from YOU, you signed up for a BETA R&D project, NOT a off the shelf perfect fit item. They built these on a jig following the lines of the SS headers that I had modified to fit our bay but added the closer to equal length option to them if you wanted them to fit PERFECT then you should have brought your car to him and asked him to make them.

Also I'd LOVE to see you get a price of a local shop to make these and let us know how that works... Most wont even touch our cars.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Jon brings up a good point that I forgot about...I'm using the stock manifold studs and lock nuts for all but 2 holes. They work good.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3400beretta

Post by 3400beretta »

3X00-Modified wrote:And if your still that disappointed sell the headers and stop bitching about it because honestly I'm getting sick of hearing it and ONLY from YOU
Last time I checked this is the feedback forum, and he is leaving feedback. I'd be damn pissed too if I waited THAT long for headers and they showed up looking like this. It would be a totally different story if he was originally told that it was going to take up to a year to receive the product. But that is NOT the case here, he got the run around for months, and so did BMAN, and as far as I know he still hasn't received his yet. WHY on earth you guys are defending these headers and the way that ben and john do business is beyond me.