dyeing seats?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
themadness

dyeing seats?

Post by themadness »

any ideas on dyeing seats. i have searched for red back seats with 0 luck. there is a grey set down at the yard i might could get for cheap. the bottom of my seat isnt that bad but the upright is miserable. i cant afford to have them recovered, nor can i find decent seat covers that would match as a set. how hard is dyeing the fabric on the seats?

and i know they wont match totally but some is better than none.

yellow3800

Re: dyeing seats?

Post by yellow3800 »

I have full red cloth seats from a 93? base. cloth. not sure if thats what you want. I'm in east TN, and don't know if I'll make it to the fest - I'm overdue though. PM me, and if youre somewhere I fly around to or near, can put them in the plane and meet ya! I have to check if I have the back seat.

I pay $100 to recover and refoam a seat. have you shopped around?

DONT dye the seats - it will be a waste of time, and the plushness will be GONE. this is coming from someone who dyed an entire interior. plastic gets paint with plastic primer, vinyl gets corvette america [as long as its NOT sem] dye, and dont dye cloth.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I looked in to this when building the 91. The synthetic cloth of our seats will not take dye. I contacted a dye expert to do a test and it failed. If the cloth burns it should take dye...if it melts it will not. Our cloth melts.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Bman Gtz

Post by Bman Gtz »

Yeah, spend the money to have a seat reupholstered, well worth it, I am glad I did mine.

BMAN

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I do have a red base upper back seat section I would be more than happy to part with.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

themadness

Post by themadness »

the only reason i was looking into it is b/c i found a couple of grey backs i could get for 20 bux. i was going to use that spray stuff. i looked into recovering them and ran into 250 bucks a pop pretty much everywhere local. struts and stuff are next so i i thought it may be a decent temp fix. interesting info about the burning cloth though, never heard that before.

pm'd ace