digital gauge bulb

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
indygurl

digital gauge bulb

Post by indygurl »

Ok so this is a bit special seeings how they no longer sell this bulb anywhere. I am in need of at least one bulb that is burnt out, that lights up the digital dash, im hoping why that is why only half the stuff works or lights up. really need my gauges working with in this next week because i may start driving it if i get this job. the bulb says on it 12v 3w ALBA. i am including a pic.

My 1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy 3.1L 3 Speed Auto
GTZryda

Re: digital gauge bulb

Post by GTZryda »

I have two spare clusters. One analog 90 v6 and one analog quad, I'll see if they match yours tonight.

90 GTZ W41
96 Z26
96 Twin cam
indygurl

Post by indygurl »

alright thanks. i dont know for sure if they will be the same because mine is digital but its worth a try.

felixGTU

Post by felixGTU »

I do not remember what member it was but I remember someone had some bulbs because they would pull them from the digital cluster in the junkyard. Hopefully he sees this post.

Chevrolet Beretta GTU/GT
indygurl

Post by indygurl »

My bf said it was ronaconda which is how i know that they no longer sell them and i looked everywhere online. it sucks. but i hope thats all thats wrong with it.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Did someone say my name??? :D

Analog cluster bulbs WILL NOT work in the digital cluster. PM me your address and i can get you some...

indygurl

Post by indygurl »

PM sent. also yeah i went to our parts store and i said i know they dont make these anymore but i thought i would give it a try. and this guy says they still make them, im like you havnt seen it yet, he says they make all bulb. its like appearently not since i have tryed everything. also Ronaconda do you still have the indy mirrors? if so may be willing to pick those up in a couple weeks. one is just old and the bf broke the other one (the glass) trying to take them off to get the bees nests out.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... ument.html

Give em a look see, you can click on details for each, surely one may work.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

indygurl

Post by indygurl »

Well if putting new bulbs in then i will have to have it sent in or buy a new one that works. because being my first time driving the car i need all my gauges to work. and i need to get a brake light switch so i can get my brake lights working. then need to finish my brakes but i can do that while its on jack stands this weekend while my new tires are being put on.so far thats all thats left.(for now) got alot of restoration to do if the weather ever lets me this summer.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you measure that twist lock base you can replace them with LEDs from superbright, I used the twist lock bases that accept 194 bulbs but since yours are the smaller version I think you need the #73 style or T1.5 as they call it...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

indygurl wrote:PM sent. also yeah i went to our parts store and i said i know they dont make these anymore but i thought i would give it a try. and this guy says they still make them, im like you havnt seen it yet, he says they make all bulb. its like appearently not since i have tryed everything. also Ronaconda do you still have the indy mirrors? if so may be willing to pick those up in a couple weeks. one is just old and the bf broke the other one (the glass) trying to take them off to get the bees nests out.
Indy mirrors are still available.

indygurl

Post by indygurl »

Alright. thanks. not to jinxs anything but hope to get insurance and my car licensed and start work this weekend. have two interviews in one day. and both rettas are bing worked on so we have the Mustang for the week or how ever long we need it.

Burning_Beard

Post by Burning_Beard »

I'll necrobump this thread with an actual solution. I had the two middle (out of 4 total) white based backlight bulbs blow on the digi dash last weekend. Thanks to DTMAce's and 3X00-Modified posts, I found a direct replacement for these at superbrightleds.com for $5 a piece.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo ... ifications

Ordered 4 cool white and replaced them all, worked perfectly, well one didn't, but I bent the top flanges down a hair so it made better contact.

I believe the two middle ones serve the speedo, but actually only one is in use at a time, and the other is a backup, seeing as the speedo is probably the most important part of the dash. I found it hard to believe that I blew 2 bulbs simutaneously. I replaced the the left and right and only put one out of the two in the middle, tested, and the speedo was lit just as bright as when both are in.

They should have replacements for the top black base lights, but I think you can still get oem style replacements for those, but if you want full led, get out a caliper and measure your originals and check to see what they have. I'm going to assume that these are a replacement for the little black ones around $2 a piece...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo ... ifications

1989 Beretta GTU 2.8 w/77k, auto.
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I will add into this thread for what it is worth. There were two totally different and incompatible bulbs available, I assume some year difference which is ridiculous since they stopped making the Beretta digi-clusters after '90. One of them is the style pictured, and the other looks like (I think it is, in fact) a 194PC or 194PCB (depending on manufacturer) which is essentially just the standard T-10 based 194 bulb in the special plastic twist-lock socket, which is also the same as the analog clusters. The small four-light circuit-board that holds them to the bottom of the cluster is the only defining difference as to which bulb you need, as the holes in them are of different diameter. If I ever have a chance to pull my spare clusters out for Lespaul59 this week (or next?), I will try to snap some pics, as I have both styles. I personally would just go with LEDs... Although my '90 Yellow Indy has the incandescents backlighting a white fibrous backing (instead of the orange lenses), and it gives the cluster a nice warm golden glow, very fitting for the yellow car. :D I am torn on using either red or cool-white in my white '89 GTU's cluster, I may go with both with a polarity switch to toggle from white to red, I'm not sure when I'll have the time though. The teal Indy (if I ever get to work on it again...) will get, yep, a teal or aqua backing-lens if I go with white LEDs, or a blue lens with the yellower incandescents would work fine too though. :wink:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Burning_Beard

Post by Burning_Beard »

I will correct myself. The 2 middle bulbs do serve the left and right sides of the speedo, but one will illuminate both sides. I noticed the right side was dimmer than the left at night. I pulled the right side led and bent the flange a little to make contact and now they are both the same.

I'm pretty pissed at this dash now, this spring the milage would wonk out for a second with weird characters, as if it only happened when one of the digits went to a specific number. It would go back to normal after a mile or so. Now its doing it more frequently, and I don't want to tear it apart and attempt to clean it and screw it up. I do want to go to a red backing though, like my old grand prix.

1989 Beretta GTU 2.8 w/77k, auto.