Best Fuel Economy

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Z26_T

Best Fuel Economy

Post by Z26_T »

Which berettas get the best fuel economy? Mostly curious to what, on average, gtz quad 4s get for fuel economy. I am curious if I would get better fuel economy in a GTZ over my 3400 5 speed.

If it's vague i'm sorry. gotta love 5 am.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: Best Fuel Economy

Post by heavywoody »

I'm not sure of exact numbers, but I know some of the people on here with 92/93 GTZ's with the Quad get in the mid 30's on the highway.

Myself, I get 29 mpg on the highway in my car. I'm sure if I got a different wheel it would go up since these are heavy as hell.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

The Quads probably get better gas mileage. The bad thing is gas costs 20 cents more per gallon because premium is required.

If I had the option, I would take a 3400 5 speed over my Quad 5 speed. You can run regular gas and the V6 has a much better sound.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I would agree that a properly driven manual Quad 2.3 or 2.2 would get awesome mileage. But I can get above 30 -35 pretty easily on the V6 auto combinations that I have here. But they average lower.. Well hell, you can see them in the fuelly pics below.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

heavywoody wrote:I'm not sure of exact numbers, but I know some of the people on here with 92/93 GTZ's with the Quad get in the mid 30's on the highway.

Myself, I get 29 mpg on the highway in my car. I'm sure if I got a different wheel it would go up since these are heavy as hell.
I'm not sure you'd get much better. I get about 29 with mine and I run indy style rims. However, there are a couple things which make my fuel economy worse. I'm at 5k feet and seem to run a bit rich.

It's surprising that you can get 30+ with the auto. With my auto 95' I would average around 26 on the freeway. Though, we go 80 on the freeways here. Dropping it down to 65-70 would probably help a lot.

With the distance I drive, it may be in my best interest to get the GTZ restored. The 20 cents extra for fuel does hurt, but in the long run i'd still save money. (If I didn't include the cost to paint the GTZ and refinish the seats and put a dash cover on :P)

Though I am really curious if i'll get in the mid 30s with my 3500 top end and an actual tune for it.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Z26_T wrote: It's surprising that you can get 30+ with the auto. With my auto 95' I would average around 26 on the freeway. Though, we go 80 on the freeways here. Dropping it down to 65-70 would probably help a lot.
Well, ever since I bought the car new, it has been capable of getting over 30MPG on long trips (55-75 mph for more than 90 percent of the tank). I drive 70-75 on I-75 out here, and I never have an issue, but I get my best results between 50-60, and keep from lead footing it! lol During the last 2 bfests that I have been to, I have gotten over 30 several times, hitting an all time high of 36 last year and getting 526 miles out of a single tank of gas. (filled it up in Indiana and made it home to the Michigan UP. 470 miles between 60-70) :D

I haven't yet managed the awesome numbers with the 95 like I do the 94, but I'm pretty certain I can. I know I can hit 400 miles on a tank or more with it. Once the weather warms up actually, the MPG should also go up. Cold weather makes you use more fuel.

Takes practice. I can usually get more mileage out of a car than most driving the same vehicle. But I like to play too, its not always about the mileage... LOL

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I live at 6800 ft elevation and I get a rock solid 30mpg with my Quasar Quad. My 60* (when the the GT-T was rocking the 3.1L MPFI) was getting about 26-27 mpg hwy and about 19-20 city.

NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

At what RPM would get the best MPG at highway speeds with the 3.1?

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I got 32mpg my last highway trip with the 3400/5spd, and that had 30 miles of hilly county roads and a 1hr stop & go jam mixed in. I think it will do 35 straight highway. (This is with lean cruise enabled and set at 15.3:1 AFR.)

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
mike56

Post by mike56 »

if i told you what this 94 3100 gets --i would have to come to your house and let you work your calculator in order for you to believe me---let's say it is substantially over the rated --first and only car i ever owned that matched-let alone beat it's rated mileage figure.when i bought it and took it on the first trip to Tennessee--i had to literally let the chevy dealer i bought it from ( new)drive it on his own dime to get him to believe me.So i don't know which one is supposed to be best on gas---and i won't bother trying to stretch your ability to trust me by saying .

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah Mike, but now I'm curious as to what you are getting.... LOL

mike56

Post by mike56 »

DT--is anyone local enough to me to be worth the while getting together so-as to verify it?--otherwise--you will not believe me anymore than anyone ever has or i would have believed myself.lolol I honestly would not believe myself--and i almost wish i hadn't even responded here lmao.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's getting deep in here... I should have brought my boots...

Honestly why post something like that to build suspense and make it sound even more like BS.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Hey Jon, maybe the 94's had lower fuel pressures.. LOL

I know you are itching to test mine. :P

mike56

Post by mike56 »

i don't blame ya--anyone close to pittsburgh? ready and willing to let someone else post it . :D ok --u want fact--and i will prove it to anyone who may be local--last trip to tennessess from pa.--slightly over 40--now go ahead and laff or come see me for a ride..i do NOT bs..the offer will stand... i promise the smame dumb smile for you as me and dealer and a number of others have had when having to eat their disbelief lololol