-88 GT

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Money pit Beretta

Re: -88 GT from Finland

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Much better photo and somehow the car looks even better too! Oh man that is one of the best looking older cars I've seen(pure stock that is).

keep'em flying!
olovi

Post by olovi »

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Wish I kept a tan interior. !!!

_________
-------------
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

That tube is for the heatercore return line. You probably have it bypassed or a rubber hose taking its rusty place.

The plastic vacuum T Modulator valve appears to be for the vacuum canister reserve tank. With it not hooked up you risk a vacuum leak as well as not having proper vent door blending.

_________
-------------
olovi

Post by olovi »

I changed my daily car Opel Omega B to Omega A, which is way better condition. And Beretta just keeps going.

http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Opel/DSC_0805.JPG

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

Damn. Fuel leak next to tank, not from the tank, because it's new but from lines... To-do list: new rear hub bearings, rear valve cover gasket, 3 spark plugs, motor oil and filter and maybe some rear brake parts....

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Now that is my kind of list. Nice and short! I don't think there is enough room in one post for me to list all mine.
I know how you feel, there are two things that I hate to work with, coolant and fuel.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

First sticker
EMPIRE PASSPORT

The Empire Passport provides unlimited day use vehicle entry to most of New York’s state parks and recreational facilities. The sticker can be obtained for $65 by applying in person at any state park, calling, or completing an application on the website.

www.nysparks.com/admission/empire-passport/default.aspx
1-631-669-1000 Ext.3515

Senior citizens, 62 years of age and older, can show a New York State driver’s license or non-drivers I.D. to obtain free entrance to any New York State Park, Monday through Friday.

Second sticker

http://www.cornell.edu/

And third

http://www.aaa.com

Obviously this was a NY car for the beginning of its life and then it got shipped your way for some reason.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
olovi

Post by olovi »

Thanks 3X00

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
weba

Post by weba »

Hey Olovi, I was planning to drive to Suonenjoki this summer, You want to meet up? not that far from Kuopio.

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Re: -87 Beretta Gt from Finland

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

BerettaMN wrote:You need a steering wheel puller kit . You said the turn signals work but it smokes when you do this is usually the turn signal switch. I have had a couple lumina's that did that. Replaced the turn signal switch inside the column problem fixed and turn signals worked like they were supposed to again. I dunno if you need a lock plate puller for the beretta but the 90 lumina I had same year as my beretta I didnt need the lock plate puller. Its a easy process like 2 min to get the wheel off and some screws. Just takes a little time to get the old switch out and fish the wires for the new one back down the column.

Actually just rent or buy a harmonic balancer puller it works pretty good

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
olovi

Post by olovi »

weba wrote:Hey Olovi, I was planning to drive to Suonenjoki this summer, You want to meet up? not that far from Kuopio.
Yeah, sure! :good:

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

1995berettaz-26man wrote:
BerettaMN wrote:You need a steering wheel puller kit . You said the turn signals work but it smokes when you do this is usually the turn signal switch. I have had a couple lumina's that did that. Replaced the turn signal switch inside the column problem fixed and turn signals worked like they were supposed to again. I dunno if you need a lock plate puller for the beretta but the 90 lumina I had same year as my beretta I didnt need the lock plate puller. Its a easy process like 2 min to get the wheel off and some screws. Just takes a little time to get the old switch out and fish the wires for the new one back down the column.

Steering wheel pullers are WAY cheaper and you can rent those too. He would also need the lock plate removal tool which is pretty cheap and can also be rented. But he's in Finland, so who knows if they have auto parts stores with rental programs there....? Plus he already fixed it 3 weeks ago, so all this info is null and void... lol

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
olovi

Post by olovi »

scd88ga wrote:
1995berettaz-26man wrote:

Steering wheel pullers are WAY cheaper and you can rent those too. He would also need the lock plate removal tool which is pretty cheap and can also be rented. But he's in Finland, so who knows if they have auto parts stores with rental programs there....? Plus he already fixed it 3 weeks ago, so all this info is null and void... lol
Actually I fixed that problem in May, 2011 but any information is welcome. :D And yes I own steering wheel puller kit and I don't think that tools are for rent in here.

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
olovi

Post by olovi »

olovi wrote:Damn. Fuel leak next to tank, not from the tank, because it's new but from lines... To-do list: new rear hub bearings, rear valve cover gasket, 3 spark plugs, motor oil and filter and maybe some rear brake parts....
Fuel leak - fixed. Rear brakes, brake drums, hub bearings - fixed.

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88