mounting 6X9s without removing the deck?

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
themadness

mounting 6X9s without removing the deck?

Post by themadness »

is there anyway to remove the original rear speakers and mount new ones from the bottom? replacing the speakers with out taking all the stuff from the back seat would make life so much easier.........

ErichZ26

Re: mounting 6X9s without removing the deck?

Post by ErichZ26 »

I think the cutoff was 1992 or 1994. I forget..I used to know this. You may lose an inch of clearance in your trunk. To remove you must do it from top by removing a inside panel. It will give you clearance for speakers with tweeters that stick up. Then you can screw them to the bottom with self drilling screws.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

No you have to take the deck off. GM did that so it would make it hard to steal those great stock speakers.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You have to remove it to remove the stock speakers yes... I just did that as well, but I did what Cack said, I re-mounted the aftermarket ones from below. Its only sheet metal screws going into the deck so I was even able to reuse the stock screws to hold in my new speakers.

Maybe its different, but I doubt it... My seats are only 4 bolts and it comes out, and then the two rear top plastic parts are on screw each and three push clips.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Once you take the back seat out a couple times you get good at it. You'll fear it less once you get good at it.

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

My 92 has wire hooks that mount from the bottom. I can change the rear 6x9's in seconds. I will get a pic for you.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Not the sturdiest but never had them fall off. They do spin around sometimes as you can see in the pic. You also don't feel the effects of the bass as much. In my 95 that had them screwed in my mirrors would shake without even having a sub box.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
themadness

Post by themadness »

well thats different.

my factory rear speakers sound hella good with that right songs. my mp3 player is squat but my tablet sounds like a surround sound. i play it through an fm transmitter. if i could get that passenger side speaker working right i wouldnt even change them. taking the back seats and stuff isnt a huge task but it would be nice not to have to do all that