OEM Deck question

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
Burning_Beard

OEM Deck question

Post by Burning_Beard »

I'm looking to go back to an OEM setup for my 89. Not sure whats compatible, 87-90? Anyways, just wondering if the OEM radios have RCA input jacks in the rear, I'd like to run my phone through the rca's with a level knob in between, since I do not want to adjust the volume on my phone.

1989 Beretta GTU 2.8 w/77k, auto.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: OEM Deck question

Post by 3X00-Modified »

no dice on RCA inputs... on any of the Beretta radios.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

You could always do what people do with older classics and find a way to put the cd player w/ aux in the glove box or something similar. I'm assuming you don't want to hack your dash up and do the stereo in the empty vent mod?

Burning_Beard

Post by Burning_Beard »

Well crap.

With an unlimited data plan, Google Music Manager, Tune-in, and iheartradio apps, I abandoned the traditional music model years ago. I have no use for a cd player, but a usb port would be useful.

I love the old deck's styling, it seems to fit the interior "motif" perfectly, and imho no matter what aftermarket radio is sold out there it looks way out of place.

Perhaps I'll go with the cassette adapters, I've seen some do a pretty damn good job in quality, but I'm no audiophile, and especially with a 128kbs internet stream its not going to sound the greatest anyway.

I'm going to look into a phone>amp>speaker solution to possibly bypass the radio entirely.

And if anything goes into that vent, its going to be cupholders!

Burning_Beard

Post by Burning_Beard »

Actually, looking through some decks online, some of the double-dins look alot more subtle, I wouldn't be opposed to them.

This is butt-cheap, and looks a little retro.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_216 ... zmap=21600

Are the 87-90's a double-din? Looking through other threads, the 91+ seem to be a 1.5din, and in one thread, 3X00-Modified, you thought the older was possibly a double-din .

I apologize for these silly questions, I bought the car with that aftermarket adapter with controls and the shittiest of crap jvc head, with no aux. I'll be having to source the original heat/ac control faceplate, unless its integrated into the oem radio.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have no idea if its double or not, but I doubt it... I thought the radio was integrated into the heater controls though on the old style? I know the newer ones are 1.5din.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

those cassettes are little clunky and i dont have a tape player on my factory radio. so that nixes that. i use a touchscreen cell phone thats no longer activated that i filled with mp3s. it also holds avi movies so thats kinda cool too. i use a fm transmitter and everything sounds pretty good.

BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

The heater stuff is built into the mounting kit on those old Berettas. I'm like 90% sure they are 1.5 din. You could do a line output converter to get some RCAs with a stock stereo but IDK how the phone stuff would work, that's something I've never done to a car. There's LOC's that will give you 2 sets of RCAs. One for an amp to run the speakers and the other for the phone?

Something like this maybe? --- http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I/Au ... ml?tp=2001