95 berretta ABS Brake Help

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
BLADE

95 berretta ABS Brake Help

Post by BLADE »

Guys I have had a Issue with my ABS Brakes since I pulled the Moter a couple years ago.

The ABS Light/Air Bag Light is On

Iv tried a few code readers but NO Success

Iv Done some Troubleshooting not much as I havent been able to find much info out there on GM ABS VI

But what I have found so Far is the The ABS Enable Relay Circut will not trigger the ABS Relay the Grey one by the Master cylinder with Key On Engine Running

What would stop EBCM from enabling the ABS relay??

1995 Chev Berretta 3.1 auto trans 4t60E

Any help would be awesome thanks in Advance

BLADE

Re: 95 berretta ABS Brake Help

Post by BLADE »

I been doing some more testing found the EBCM and with a DVM been checking continuity

so Far the Wires for the ABS Electronic Brake Control Relay Control Circuit are Good no broken wires between the 2

What would stop the EBCM from Enabling the EBCM Relay Enable Circuit???? would a BAD wheel speed sensor stop it????
Whats the chain of events that happens in order

Or is it just a BAD EBCM????

BLADE

Post by BLADE »

well guys I never did figure it out but I was able to get ahold of some wire diagrams and grounded the right wire and got the light off

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Yeah, when they don't have a ground they can be pretty upset

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

To sum it up yes a bad wheel sensor will stop the ABS system from working.

You need to have it scanned by a shop that can read the ABS module. Then they can tell you what the fault is causing the light to come on. You can't do this with an autozone code reader either.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
dsminit

Post by dsminit »

I had a problem with mine pulled it out pulled bottom black cover and the middle gear had came lose!? Had a clicking noise when braking, tightened back up put some blue glue on it abs light went off no more clicking but no other lights where on...?