Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5**

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg3*

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's not a piss match, I was trying to get info that they have not supplied to him that's all... so I just have to wait till he gets the parts to find out how it all goes together.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

if he had sent in subframes with the control arms, you would have answers...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

berettaboi wrote:if he had sent in subframes with the control arms, you would have answers...
I had no questions about the subframes, to my knowledge he also did not send them a set of arms, but whatever. I've posted my questions already multiple times and there is no reason to continue.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

I did send a control arm. I did not send a subframe as I didn't have a spare.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yes please let us know how you set them up once they are all mounted. pics are a must!

88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They showed up today and they look fantastic! These are very well made, and yes Jon, they came with directions! They cost me $141 per set plus shipping. Here's the pics:
Attachments
delalum1.jpg
delalum2.jpg
delalum3.jpg
delalumfittings.jpg

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

Here's the directions:
Attachments
delalumdirections1.jpg
delalumdirections2.jpg

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
88_GTU

Re: Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5*

Post by 88_GTU »

I do have 1 more set left unspoken for as well.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I'll take a set.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

PM sent Woody

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

sweet!

i haven't paid attention to what kind of room the subframe has in that area with the control arm in... at the lowest ride height possible (full control arm articulation), could that zirk fitting get taken out? i'm sure the subframe could be notched real easily if that's the case

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well someone could have just asked and they could have said, YES the aluminum part is pressed into the control arm and my question would have been answered.

Will they make any more or will they only do a group purchase deal?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

"Someone" did ask. Countless times. I left a ton of voicemails and sent a ton of emails so you can quit with that line. If you want to know if he'll make more than you can do the legwork this time. I can't say that I was very happy with the lack of answers or contact I received from the gentleman I worked with at GW but I've been far less happy with the crap I've dealt with from you. Thanks for being so supportive pal. I've got these in hand, where's your dew strips?

Berettaboi you have a very valid question and I was really hoping these were going to show when he said they were because I had shop time allotted for this last weekend. Unfortunately, it'll be at least 2 weeks before I have another free weekend to get these in but I will definitely take lots of pics when I install these and I'll update the thread as soon as I do.

Thanks to those who did show support in getting a new product made!

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Seriously.... Jesus

I asked the question and then you replied saying it was a good question and NEVER REPLIED AGAIN so in my mind that said either someone never asked or just never relayed the info that they asked and got no answers. And actually you didn't update the thread from Aug 16 2011 till Sep 25 2012 so OVER A YEAR you didn't even update US! I asked once and you acknowledged that... 1 year later you just told me to look back at what was said before about a completely different application and I only asked once more. Its not like I was beating down your door to find out.

YOU NEVER SAID YOU ASKED THEM THAT QUESTION. <---bottom line...

And you also attacked me first saying "If you need every intricate detail on a product you cannot use anyway then call the company and ask for Doug. You can grill him all you want."

So you deserve everything you got after that statement.

You never answered the question I had, or asked Doug when you had him on the phone to relay to us so we could determine if we should foot some of the money toward you for a group buy. Honestly I think this was a very poor GB setup if that's what you had in mind. If you were just trying to get something made for your car and ended up having to buy more than 1 set to do so then you succeeded. Great!

Yes I agree that the fault is on GW for not giving you info but from what I could see after he re-initiated contact you still never asked him the question before investing money, You just jumped on it and then hoped they would sell with out that info. Honestly I would have give you money for a set if that simple question had been answered.

Regarding the dew strips you seriously want to bring that up? Custom extruded rubber molds are THOUSANDS of dollars to have someone make and there are NO small shops willing to just pop out 5 of them since the mold is around 5k ALONE just to start. I think you should have done a little research on that before trying to rag me about it since getting a machined bushing made is about as easy as taking a crap.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

Getting parts made for a car that's been out of production for as long as these have is difficult regardless of what the part is. Get it thru your thick skull. I didn't answer your questions because I DIDN'T HAVE AN ANSWER! When I talked to Doug the last time I asked if they were press fit and he said he couldn't remember but the instructions would be included with the finished product. As for the lapse in time between posts it's pretty obvious. I hadn't gotten any responses to any of my emails so I gave up on the project. I didn't have any money invested in it other than a set of poly bushings and a spare control arm I sent them so I figured it wasn't worth the headache. You can lock me out or do whatever the hell else you want since you're a mod but you annoy the hell outta a lot of people with your superiority complex. I remember meeting you at DaGrove raceway in Union Grove WI for one of the fests and you were Mr Knowitall then too. Just because your the tire changer on a race team doesn't make you an automotive genius.

J
Last edited by 88_GTU on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD