Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5**

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
88_GTU

Re: Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5*

Post by 88_GTU »

Travelor wrote:<ModCap status=OKAY! Value=WHUT!>

Okay, couple things:

Firstly, I think there was MASSIVE MISCOMMUNICATION in this thread. Jon was asking plenty of good questions and from what I have seen there was some bush beating and a few circles were involved. I did see that a few people were saying "DERP! IT'S EASY!" instead of answering, or attempting to answer. Hell I've forgotten more about my cars maintenance and mods in the past 6 years to choke several horses, so I was right there thinking "How in dafuq does this work" Up until the middle of page 5 everyone was calm, cool, and Jon was full of questions concerning other things that I also wondered about. What is the maint required on these? How often? How hard is the installation? While these questions are EASYILY answered when you HAVE the parts installed, seeing as that was not the case it could have been easily answered by the manufacturer.

I do think that J(88_GTU) seemed to have taken these questions as a direct assault for some reason. His response to Jon's post about press fitting the bushings in came off rather rude. Quoting J:
... "Someone" did ask. Countless times. I left a ton of voicemails and sent a ton of emails so you can quit with that line. If you want to know if he'll make more than you can do the legwork this time. I can't say that I was very happy with the lack of answers or contact I received from the gentleman I worked with at GW but I've been far less happy with the crap I've dealt with from you. ...
If you don't have an answer for someone, why couldn't you just say "Hey, I asked, but have yet to receive a response about that. I'll keep asking though"? I get that "someone" was talking to the company, but it doesn't give that "someone" permission to talk to someone else this way, who has legitimate questions! I also don't understand how an initial question of "how exactly do these get installed" is not as good as another question asked about the grease fitting. I feel there was no need to be rude about one persons question, then turn around and tell someone "great question!" in the same post...

The old saying "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people" comes to mind...

After reading through all posts, I feel that Jon tried to defend himself a couple of times and while he got pretty heated up in his second to last post, he was fine. I also feel that while J DID NOT openly attack Jon, the content of previous comments posted skirted that grey area like a Scotsman on a windy day. Realize that this is the Inter webs, and while it is "srsbisnis" we should treat each other the way we would want to be treated. Maybe proofreading and message context should be checked before clicking that big shiny "SUBMIT" button, as it would have helped everyone involved out.

</ModCap>

Secondly, another one of Jon's questions still stand. Were there any conversations about setting up a group buy with this company other then the 5 units purchased already? If not, could the contact information be posted so that we could elect a ball roller for this? I would like to buy two sets, so if anyone else is interested speak up!

In my own defense, I did try to get answers during my time dealing with Global West but grew increasingly frustrated with the severe lack of communication on their end. I decided against a group buy because I did NOT want to be responsible for other peoples money when I wasn't sure if I was being ripped off or not.

I have given a set to my friend who makes prototypes for a living and he's already making new sets. They'll be indenticle to GWs other than the blue anodizing. As soon as the first set is done I'll post pics and THEN if there's interest I'll have no issue with putting together a group buy.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Awesome; these would be a great addition to the Z26, which is getting a suspension overhaul this winter.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

88_GTU wrote: In my own defense, I did try to get answers during my time dealing with Global West but grew increasingly frustrated with the severe lack of communication on their end. I decided against a group buy because I did NOT want to be responsible for other peoples money when I wasn't sure if I was being ripped off or not.

I have given a set to my friend who makes prototypes for a living and he's already making new sets. They'll be indenticle to GWs other than the blue anodizing. As soon as the first set is done I'll post pics and THEN if there's interest I'll have no issue with putting together a group buy.

J
I know how easy it is to get frustrated when someone is just spinning your wheels. I also know how easy it is to snap at others because of it. Like I said, was just some miscommunication. Thank you are explaining.

It does seem like this guy runs a busy company, but I'm just not sure how they would take to having their designs copied.. Having your friend make identical sets worries me... I'll stay tuned in the meantime.

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Any updates?

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Group buy anyone??

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I have no use for them since I have a 95 Beretta, but I'm sure a lot of others would be interested, I will be using cavi Poly bushings and machining my control arms so that they fit

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I dig the 95 vert bushings and i really don't have the spare time working what i fo and working on my own project to take on that task, at least currently..

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Anyone interested if I can get 10 people.to order he is willing to make a run on these for the 140+ shipping if anyone interested lmk

Alxsmt

Post by Alxsmt »

Im in. I was planning on getting some metal bushings made but this could work too

88 Beretta CL - your average grandma car.. Ls1 swap in progress
77 Celica - needs an engine swap
96 Geo - 1.0L, Cam, 3 angle, magnaflow, Koni, coilovers.
86 Subi - Supercharged @7psi
Travelor
Global Moderator

Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5**

Post by Travelor »

I'd be down to purchase 2 sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
3400tZ

Post by 3400tZ »

I'm in for a set

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Im going to post.this on v6z24 too try to get this to happen in 3 wks and will set up another paypal for this

Alxsmt

Post by Alxsmt »

So whats the deal? You cant not reply to PMs when you have somebodys money

88 Beretta CL - your average grandma car.. Ls1 swap in progress
77 Celica - needs an engine swap
96 Geo - 1.0L, Cam, 3 angle, magnaflow, Koni, coilovers.
86 Subi - Supercharged @7psi
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Who are you referring to? Because this is 88_GTU's group buy thread.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

He is referring to me Jon as I put the group buy in the for sale section aside.from.this post