looking for an exhaust kit

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made

Post by Guest »

well like it says in my sig i have a 1996 chevy beretta and i was just wondering where i can get an exhaust system from. headers, pipe, etc its a non-turbo, i would like something thats smooth at idel and cruise and at high way speeds also. i dont want something that sounds restricitive, ive heard a bunch of those and it sounds like the car isnt healthy. anyway anything for this 2.2L 4-cylinder???

Brandon

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

I think pacesetter has a header that works for the 2.2, Dustin (baims91base) did a write up on it at one point.  everything else is custom but a 2" pipe isnt going to be to restrictive on a nearly stock 2.2

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Post by Guest »

i know if i went turbo i would need a 3" inch. so should i get a 2.5"?  where can i find a set? i want the headers and all for this. i guess pacesetter.com? ill just google it. thanks a bunch! where can i find the write up?

Brandon

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

If you go turbo you will not need 3".  3" is good for 350hp.  2.25" is probably good on a 2.2 turbo.  If your going to turbo it forget about the header.

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Post by Guest »

hehehe dont have the money for that, well i do, but i dont want to waste it on this car, i wouldnt get that good of results, plus the fact that i would only get like 280 or 300 at the most FWHP im going 3 inch maybe, but no turbo. i have to look inside my cylinder head to see if its leaking  if it is new headgasket, valves, and a good port job maybe.  then go from there with a cai form tranzgenic, and headers and longtube underneath with the 3 inch on the back.  if i do go turbo i will forget the headers and just make some customs with a 3 inch down pipe. also i would need to get forged pistons, and rods LOL

Brandon

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

well, thanks for not listening to me but 3" is way to big on an NA or turbo 2.2L.

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Post by Guest »

what do you mean? i see guys that have 2.0L engines with na run 3 inch, but i was really thinking 2.5inch exhaust.  what do you think then? i will go 2.5 if its better flow.

zach82

Post by zach82 »

(Bjs96Beretta @ Feb. 08 2006,18:41)Q
U
O
T
Ewhat do you mean? i see guys that have 2.0L engines with na run 3 inch, but i was really thinking 2.5inch exhaust. ÂÂÂ
I could run a 5 inch exhaust on my 4.0 if I wanted, but that doesn't mean it's the optimal size for the engine.

Everyone has been saying 2.5" for a reason.

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net

Post by Guest »

i would go 3in for turbo, but 2.5 for na IMO'

Brandon

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

a naturally aspirated 2.2L will not need more than a single 2" pipe.  A 2.2L will need a 2.25" exhaust for approxamently 180 hp and a 2.5" exhaust for 230 hp.

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Post by Guest »

thanks guys, im looking for an exhaust right now, in a couple of weeks i should have it on, with my CAI.  im doing window tint first, then rims, and then this stuff.

Brandon