BerettaFest 2012 Traverse City Michigan Proposal

Archive section for Bfest Topics
DTMAce

Re: BerettaFest 2012 Traverse City Michigan Proposal

Post by DTMAce »

I will be attempting to stop in TC this Sunday (in lower Ontario right now), do some scoping and picture shooting, to give more of you a better idea of what we could have and see to do. :D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Anyone with any questions about this proposal can either post here or PM me directly. As the voting has begun, just want to be sure that any questions, doubts or concerns are addressed.

Thank you and good luck to the proposals!

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

tkims117

Post by tkims117 »

I'm all in! I haven't been to MI in a while.

Secret "Asian" Man
'13 Tungsten Metallic 1.4L Turbo Dodge Dart SXT
'96 Red 3100 V6 Beretta Z26- Sold
'95 Black Rose Metallic 3100 V6 Beretta Base- Totaled
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

As a reminder:

Anyone that would like more information, or have any concerns or questions about
my proposal, by all means don't hesitate to ask. I will be available both here
or via bnet.

As we are now into the final voting, I'm simply doing my part to make this event
as enjoyable and fun for everyone that would like to participate. I have
approximately 2 weeks to lock in hotel choice number one. But we will have
other hotel options.. Once voting is finished and should TC get chosen, I will
be submitting more details regarding the hotel setup along with possible choices
for which to stay at as a group. Price obviously will be a concern, as well as
support (or rather, permission) for our evening/late night parking lot
activities. lol

I have been giving this proposal much thought, and fully intend to support the
staff and do my part in getting it planned and setup. I'm actually really
excited to tell the truth! I honestly think everyone will enjoy the visit here!

Thanks and good luck to the proposals!

tkims117

Post by tkims117 »

Woo into the finals, hope this one wins!

Secret "Asian" Man
'13 Tungsten Metallic 1.4L Turbo Dodge Dart SXT
'96 Red 3100 V6 Beretta Z26- Sold
'95 Black Rose Metallic 3100 V6 Beretta Base- Totaled
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

I will give my full support in helping to plan this event, should TC be chosen as the Bfest 2012 destination. I believe I'm the closest active member to TC, and I get up there about once a month. A special trip can be made on short notice, if needed.

Disc golf was mentioned in another proposal, and I would like to add that it could be an option here as well. I played a beautiful 21 hole course at a small ski resort a couple weeks ago. It ends up at the top of the main hill with a view of the bay and downtown Traverse City. It's a medium difficulty course with varying terrain, elevation, hole length, and wooden/open areas. This is located a mile from downtown and is completely free of charge.

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

How much is the ferry from Wisconsin? And I hear its a three hour tour..... Doesn't inspire my confidence.. lol

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

That one is easy. $100 for one-way, $173 for a round trip ticket. Go here for details on this option. Could be fun for those going east and don't want to drive under or over lake michigan... lol

Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

Chad91GTZ wrote:How much is the ferry from Wisconsin? And I hear its a three hour tour..... Doesn't inspire my confidence.. lol
There's the ferry between Manitowoc and Ludington:

http://www.ssbadger.com/home.aspx

Or from Milwaukee to Muskegon:

http://www.lake-express.com/default.aspx

The Badger is the least expensive and would cost about $260 round trip. From Ludington, Traverse City is a little under a two hour drive. You can save a lot by driving straight to TC and not taking a ferry. If driving would add an extra day to your trip though, taking a ferry might be the same cost and would save a lot of driving, since you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel, gas, and food for an extra day. I think the large majority of people will save the most by driving the whole way.

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Yeah I'm talking about the one in manitowoc. You can go under the lake? Wtf are you talking about Chris lol.

My Motortopia

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I was talking about the map orientation. But correctly, you can go south around the lake or north around the lake. How's that?

:P

Oh, I made a few calls today too, confirmed things with the first hotel of choice. Parking lot habits should NOT be a problem at all.. lol They did a bass boat thing a while back, and it was similar from what I was being told to what we do. So no issues there.

Details on room rates:

$139 a night plus taxes. Up to 4 people in the room per night at that price. 25 bucks extra per person per night. The reason its listed now as 139 instead of 129, is because I added the resort fee to the room rate. The fee is required anyway, so it makes no sense to me to list it separately. Those of you that share a room can save a lot for yourselves individually.

Yes, this is a lot for a room per night. Yes there are other hotels with lower rates nearby. What we will be doing should TC get chosen, is I will list some choices like hotel A, hotel B, etc, along with their ups and downs, and we can vote to choose which one we all want to stay at. I have not locked anything in stone with anyplace yet.

I will say that this particular place is worth the price per night. They already cut the rate 150 bucks a night for what I was quoted for us as a group.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I think I know what hotel it is... if so I'm down!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I thought you meant UNDER the lake, as in below ground. I was totally in for that, had no idea there was a tunnel. Now I'm disappointed that there isn't actually a tunnel lol. I will probably take the ferry, at least on the way home.

My Motortopia

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Its already got me and amy's vote.... Unfortunately she can't go if NV wins... 1 week canceled already of school due to our power outages so she's once again starting out behind the ball...

Maybe we should discuss pushing the event back just one more week... Then everyone dealing with kids or teaching should be completely done with school, and it gives a weekend after fathers day for some to recover, depending on what they did for fathers day... I know that was an issue one year even though it is a week after.

Just a thought... :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

3X00-Modified wrote: Maybe we should discuss pushing the event back just one more week... Then everyone dealing with kids or teaching should be completely done with school, and it gives a weekend after fathers day for some to recover, depending on what they did for fathers day... I know that was an issue one year even though it is a week after.

Just a thought... :)
Pushing the event back one week would be awesome for me. I usually get the week of the forth of July off of work (so far in the last 4 yrs this past 4th was the only week I've had to work)! Making a long bfest trip when my boss doesn't want to give me more then 2 days off of work at a time is usually hard, that's why I had never been able to go before.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100