94 Quad 4 to (3x00) OBD2 Swap Help

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
DanteGTZ

Re: 94 Quad 4 to (3x00) OBD2 Swap Help

Post by DanteGTZ »

speedy wrote:Do you realize your quad z is 1 of 800 quad z26s in the world? Its your car but in my opinion a v6 z is everywhere. Why not just get one?
I agree - Honestly, this idea sucks. Taking a 1 of 8xx build car and putting in the 3x00 is a terrible idea. Sorry, it just is. You'd be better off selling this car to someone who can appreciate what it is, and its rarity, and then buying one of the bazillion 94-96 3100 cars that are still out there. Or hell, trading it - Maybe someone dying to have a Quad Z would trade you their 3100 Z and do the traveling for you.

:crazy:

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

DanteGTZ wrote:
speedy wrote:Do you realize your quad z is 1 of 800 quad z26s in the world? Its your car but in my opinion a v6 z is everywhere. Why not just get one?
I agree - Honestly, this idea sucks. Taking a 1 of 8xx build car and putting in the 3x00 is a terrible idea. Sorry, it just is. You'd be better off selling this car to someone who can appreciate what it is, and its rarity, and then buying one of the bazillion 94-96 3100 cars that are still out there. Or hell, trading it - Maybe someone dying to have a Quad Z would trade you their 3100 Z and do the traveling for you.

:crazy:
Rettax3 wrote: Hey, good luck with the swap, despite some (understandable) criticisms, remember that this is YOUR car.
Now, if you were a lot closer, I would say I was interested in your old Quad and five-speed... :wink: That might be fun in my '95 Z.
:no: Sorry Dante, but it is his car. Unless you are offering to trade YOUR car, or ponying-up the dough to try and buy it, he made it clear he didn't want this to be Quad vs 3x00 thread. I'm not a moderator, and I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to act as one, I'm really not, but this is his car. I keep saying that over and over, partly because emotionally I agree with you, and if my old '95 Z-26 was in a condition worth trading and much closer, I would consider offering it up myself, like you mentioned. Just by swapping out the drivetrain, he isn't ruining the car, just changing it. Now, if he was sending the car to the crusher just because he didn't like the color, then yeah, obviously he is crazy and we would have to pitch-in to save the car from him, but just for an engine-swap, no, leave him be -like I said emotionally I agree with you, and I am a little torn here myself. :beer:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
speedy

Post by speedy »

still better off with a v6 car anyways, less hacking and changing involved, heres my thing, you ever search craigslist? i work for a company where i spend to much time in hotels, in my down time, i search ads all over the internet looking for deals i can make money on. dont hate, its what i do... anyways, ive noticed more and more frequently your seeing ads popping up for people looking for quad 4 cars, especially beretta's, in nice shape, people are starting to miss these cars, and when your driving them, its likely your the ONLY one in one in your area, now grant it, its not a 56 chevy coupe, or a 69 camaro ss/rs. but they are still a rare car, desirable, and the more origanal, the better. seriously, if you can find me like 5 more quad 4 z26's for sale, i would let it go, but you wont, you'll be hard pressed to find one, you probably cant even find 10 gtz's for sale despite the fact they made like 16,000+ of them.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
speedy

Post by speedy »

now with that said, i feel a little better that i tried to inspire you to change your mind, however, as stated, its your car, do as you please, better then being scrapped or someones beater in the woods.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

speedy wrote:still better off with a v6 car anyways, less hacking and changing involved.
Not really. It's only changing things that bolt in and the harness. No welding involved.

Cliff Scott