engine bay pic

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
sr20hardbody

engine bay pic

Post by sr20hardbody »

well im close to finishing this 3400 swap into my 95 beretta i got for $100. i still have a lot of interior/exterior work to do but the engines in just waiting on the throttlebody i sent it out to get polished heres a pic of it so far.

weba

engine bay pic

Post by weba »

I like the transparent hoses, easy to see when\if the liquids flow..  

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
n00b20

engine bay pic

Post by n00b20 »

that has to be one of the best looking swapped engine bays.

"We were ALL noobs once. Forget where you came from and you forget how valuable your knowledge is to those who are now where you once were."
speedygtz

engine bay pic

Post by speedygtz »

are those hoses actually transparent?

the z26 is on the road!
Mr. Beefy

engine bay pic

Post by Mr. Beefy »

Looks damn good!! The only thing I would get rid of is that NGK sticker. I really like the fluid hoses, that's going to be badass watching it run. When it is all up and running you have to make a vid.  

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

engine bay pic

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Is that clear tubing going to hold.  I thought that stuff was designed for food use(ice makers, soda machines, etc)  I also don't think it will last long with the heat of the car.  Regardless the swap looks good.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
sr20hardbody

engine bay pic

Post by sr20hardbody »

haha thanks guys! and yah i'll get more pics up maybe a vid when i get it finished. the NGK sticker is actually hiding a flaw and im using NGK iridium's. and i flushed out all the coolant components with boiling water till it all ran clear now i just need to fill it up with the green stuff. so we'll see if it lasts since i've read mixed stories on the clear hoses most say it doesnt work but the guys that actually tried it said it did so we'll see either way its only a couple bucks to replace it but can be a pain with those heater core hoses lol

heavywoody
Global Moderator

engine bay pic

Post by heavywoody »

Too much red in a Cayenne Red engine bay ;)

But the swap looks clean!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

engine bay pic

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Props on painting the heater core fan box... no one ever does that.  

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
sr20hardbody

engine bay pic

Post by sr20hardbody »

yah i agree about going overboard on the red its not what i was expecting but it is pretty clean.  the one thing im happy about is the hood fit! i thought those bars werent going to clear but they have room along with the manifold and phenolic spacers but i did have to remove the nasty hood heat shield. it is clean looking now the black from the heat shield faded to the hood so it looks dark towards the middle i'll get some more pics up. now i need to install some hood pins since the latch assemble broke and the cable snapped.

also 3X00-modified i was actually talked into painting that heater box i was gonna leave it all rusty but a freind was like "nah dude you gotta paint that or its gonna make the whole thing look like ****!" lol so i did.

SuzukiGhostRider

engine bay pic

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

(punkboy15 @ May 20 2008,09:44)QUOTEIs that clear tubing going to hold.  I thought that stuff was designed for food use(ice makers, soda machines, etc)  I also don't think it will last long with the heat of the car.  Regardless the swap looks good.
I definitely agree with the clear hoses statement.
The swap looks GREAT though, very clean, very nice. Keep us posted.

speedygtz

engine bay pic

Post by speedygtz »

well, if that clear **** holds up for ya, i wouldnt mind using it, think that would look pretty neat, but i honestly dont see it working out for a long time. deffinetly not as long as the black rubber hoses did, but who knows, let us know how it works out for you so we can all copy it off of you!

the z26 is on the road!
fastlane02

engine bay pic

Post by fastlane02 »

the clear hose will last as long as you dont over heat it. I use to run it on my 2.8. I blew my stock upper hose apart and just happened to have some of that in the trunk and put it on and ran it for 3 years before i over heated it and started leaking. I'm talking like 240
It does look cool with the fluid is going threw it at first. after that it just looks green.

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
sr20hardbody

engine bay pic

Post by sr20hardbody »

ohh i forgot to mention i switched to a 180 degree thermostat and did the manual fan over ride switch deal. so i will be using the switch during the summer to keep things extra cool. im thinking this will keep the hoses from melting. this hose is used on boiling coffee and stuff in resturants and has a high psi handling so we'll see!

to do the ultimate test im taking a trip to vegas from iowa right after the car is finished and its already 110 in vegas. im worried more about the lower intake manifold gaskets leaking more then anything even though i just installed the new revised set i heard they can leak at anytime

SuzukiGhostRider

engine bay pic

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I know what you mean about the weather. Was in the low 90's here today and friggin' muggy!!