need advice about my 92 beretta

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
92berettadude

need advice about my 92 beretta

Post by 92berettadude »

hey every one let me start off with the story. my dad bought this beretta about 12 years ago for my mom but she never really liked it cuz it had to much power. so it ended up sitting in the garage for about 6 or 7 years straight without anyone even touching it. so when i got my drivers license i took it out and swapped the batery out and gave it an oil change and got it running again. now i dont know to much about cars but i do know its nothing like the way it was befor we left it to sit. so i was wandering if anyone had any advice for me as to what i need to do to get it back to peak performance. im also thinking about getting it race ready so if anyoone can give me advice on that it would also be greatly apreciated

thanx for your time

kuni

Re: need advice about my 92 beretta

Post by kuni »

because it sat for so long i would suggest you look into the seafoam your car thread and do that it should return your car back to where it was also suggest tuneup, airfilter, and fuel filter

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I'd do what kuni said. Plugs and wires and change the trans fluid/filter. Check the longest wire of many brands of wires for the lowest ohms and buy the ones with the lowest. If you are running low on money after all of this you can steam clean the engine by using a spray bottle with water in it and spray it into the TB with the engine running. You will have crack the throttle open a little by hand. It is best to have the engine warm before you steam clean(watch the temp when your doing this). If you have the money you can pull off the brake booster hose and use Seafoam and skip the steam clean. Seafoam can go into the tank also to clean the injectors. If you put it in the tank hold off on the fuel filter change untill the tank is empty. A cooling system flush would be a good idea too. All this will make it road ready.

keep'em flying!
02SOMZ

Post by 02SOMZ »

after sitting 6-7 years, check the tires for dry rot/cracking before you "race"...