More Mods here?

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Money pit Beretta

More Mods here?

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Is there a plan to get some more Mods to cut down the work load of the ones that are here all the time(3X00 is the only one really). I see that Barry is one now, but is there anyone else? I'd do it, but I don't know anything about it. Heavywoody is also, but he is not here as much as he use to be. Wicked was a Mod on the old site.
What about KFLO, Woody or Isaac?

Not trying to step on any toes here, just thought it could help.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Re: More Mods here?

Post by diedemus »

I try to get on here daily, Jon just happens to get to everything before I do lol. I had put up an open call to the old mods to get a hold of me when I took over the site. Geoff was the only one that I had talked to, so I asked Jon, since I know him personally. I am adding mods as I get to it, right now it isnt that much of an issue, the security measures and maturity level on the board seem to be pretty effective so far.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The board is not that overwhelmed either... granted there are some days when I can't get here but then Will takes care of it if he's on.

But as will noted the security measures are pretty good on here right now anyways.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

diedemus wrote: I had put up an open call to the old mods to get a hold of me when I took over the site.

You did? heh, I guess I missed that one.

Cliff Scott
Money pit Beretta

Sorry, I forgot to add you to the list Cliff. Everything does seem ok, but I still think your overworked Jon. Hey, is there any way that the number of posts approved for new members could drop by a few. I think we are losing people because of that. There could be a use for more Mods for that, I would say. Again it's just a thought. :)

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

5 posts is not a big deal and honestly, if they cant deal with that, then they probably shouldn't be here.

Money pit Beretta

I hate to say it, but I don't agree. I think that is asking a bit much. How about three? I just would like to see more members here that's all.

keep'em flying!
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

im with will on the 5 posts.

if you dont have the time and dedication to stick around and make 5 valuable posts then your probably not meant to be here.

let me say it this way. if your not willing to put the effort to make 5 posts then your most likely not here for the valuable information and your only here to spam or cause trouble.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
Money pit Beretta

I was thinking more in the lines of those who come for help with something they are already frustated with. I think of this in a global mind set: the more Berettas out there the more parts there are for all of us. Everyday we are losing numbers. The Fiero has lived on because people pulled together.... we can do the same. We are doing good now, but we could do a little better on helping the new people. We always seem to run off to our favorite topics and leave new people hanging. I do this myself. I'm not bitching, just trying to say this is something to think about. By helping them in any way that we can we help ourselves. Ok, I'll step off the soap box now.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

The fact of the matter is that if they read the forum rules, they will know about the mod approval and shouldn't have an issue. I do not plan to reduce the number from 5, 90% of the new members have not had an issue with this.

I am also not advertising the site anywhere yet, it is just listed with the search engines from before.

Money pit Beretta

Ok, I'll say no more. Thanks for the replys.

Lock please.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

diedemus wrote:if they read the forum rules, they will know about the mod approval and shouldn't have an issue
This is the biggest issue... the do not do this and then are not aware of it.

Will can you also throw up a topic somewhere showing which forum sections require post approval just so they know that as well... Such as the Berettafest section, I think that requires approval for all posts IIRC.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"