Take off the wiper cowl?

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Chad91GTZ

Re: Take off the wiper cowl?

Post by Chad91GTZ »

So some days one installer robot added the sealant, and other days it didn't? Maybe it was an underpaid illegal robot without benefits or pension.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I guess the fact that my vent was leaking from the seal where it bolts to the firewall is irrelevant then.. which is why I say stopping water from dropping directly on it wont do any good since thats not where my leak was... there are so many other areas for water to get in the cowl over there and get to the vent seam that a little strip of glue just above it isn't the solution.

I'm not wrong unless you have an assembly guide from GM stating that there needs to be a strip of adhesive applied there to prevent water from entering the fresh air vent... If you don't have that then we each have our own opinions on what was done and why; due to our own personal findings and results. :crazy:

End thread as requested...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Chad91GTZ wrote:So some days one installer robot added the sealant, and other days it didn't? Maybe it was an underpaid illegal robot without benefits or pension.

this made me lol

now the thread is ended, /wrists