problem with idling speed

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
BANZAI

problem with idling speed

Postby BANZAI » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:35 pm

I have a problem with idling speed. Idle speed rises to 3000 and do not fall. This happens when the machine is cold and hot. In what may be the problem? Check engine does not show.

Money pit Beretta

Re: problem with idling speed

Postby Money pit Beretta » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Try a new TPS. Really check for a vacuum leak first. Also spray carb cleaner around the intake.

keep'em flying!

90GTZHO

Postby 90GTZHO » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 am

Sounds like a bad Idle Air Valve to me. Do what Money said and spray around the intake to make sure you have no leaks. Next, check the idle valve and make sure its working properly.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress

BANZAI

Postby BANZAI » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks! Idle Air Valve to bad working. I ordered this IACV.

BANZAI

Postby BANZAI » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:41 pm

As I understand it's about ECM. In trying to replace the ECM from Cavalier, set them in the Beretta.
After that, the idling speed returned to normal, but now is not working the speed sensor. Set ECM from Beretta to the back, and began working a speed sensor. Apparently there is a difference in the ECM'S.
Need help. If I'm set the MEM-CAL chip of the Cavalier ECM in the Beretta. Can I do this? How do you get to work the speed sensor.

beretta

Postby beretta » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 am

is it the speedometer thats not working with the other ecm ?

i have a pile of ecms and some work the spedo and some dont but they all ran the car, i even tryed changing the Eprom chips between them and the spedo still wouldnt work so i think its a different wiring configuration with the other ecm.

try cleaning the connector pins in the beretta ecm and the wire connector see if that helps sometimes the pins get corroded and it wont get a good contact and will cause things to go haywire.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Postby 3X00-Modified » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am

the ECU should not be specific, its the MEM-CAL that you need to be specific to the car for the sensors to work properly.

BANZAI

Postby BANZAI » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:33 pm

beretta wrote:is it the speedometer thats not working with the other ecm ?

i have a pile of ecms and some work the spedo and some dont but they all ran the car, i even tryed changing the Eprom chips between them and the spedo still wouldnt work so i think its a different wiring configuration with the other ecm.

try cleaning the connector pins in the beretta ecm and the wire connector see if that helps sometimes the pins get corroded and it wont get a good contact and will cause things to go haywire.

Thanks! I will try to clean the ECU socket a pin. I think that at a Cavalier an automatic transmission and probably the speedometer doesn't work at a Beretta. ECU'S differs numbers. ECU Beretta: 1228321; ECU Cavalier: 1227748.

mike56

Postby mike56 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 pm

tell ya this much--anytime on my 3.1 lumina euro i had an idle issue and a screwed up speedo at same time--it was always the ecm---i finally learned that the hard way.3 times it happenned--and no one suspected -ecm--in goes a new one --speedo works right and idle is fixed.---3 times

BANZAI

Postby BANZAI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:02 am

mike56 wrote:tell ya this much--anytime on my 3.1 lumina euro i had an idle issue and a screwed up speedo at same time--it was always the ecm---i finally learned that the hard way.3 times it happenned--and no one suspected -ecm--in goes a new one --speedo works right and idle is fixed.---3 times

You bought a new ECM. ECM'S had a different number?

BANZAI

Postby BANZAI » Thu May 03, 2012 1:51 pm

On my Beretta 2.2 L4 TBI LM3. But my Beretta ECM has the number 1228321. I searched the net for information and found that 1228321 is the current for 2.0 L4 TBI "1" LL8. Could it be? And what number do I search for ECM for purchase.

BANZAI

Postby BANZAI » Tue May 15, 2012 11:32 am

Put PROM chip from the Beretta in the ECM of the Cavalier. Speedometer started working and idle came back to normal. :sparta:

Return to “Intakes”