Almost done!

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

how's this

foot in the floor mpg about 8
1988GTU

Almost done!

Post by 1988GTU »

I'd hate to be a party pooper, but that belt might slip a lot since it is not using more than 1/2 of the sc pulley for contact.  Now we need videos!!!  

_________
-------------
leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

yeah i know about the good ole belt slip and i have some twin tensioner pully plans in the works but they wouldn't look to good so i'll wait till i finish the cowl.  I really need the tgp information though before i have too much fun with it.

1988GTU

Almost done!

Post by 1988GTU »

1987-1993 OBD1 you can use the 2bar and threaded iat, but for a chip, you'd be better off having it custom burnt/tuned since it is a beast of its own.  Try looking into moates tuning stuff, that might get you where you want to be.

_________
-------------
leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

i did look into it and i talked to guy that does this kind of tunning and he said that a TGP chip if it is compatible with my ecm and wiring would be a whole lot easier to tune because of the table values and and the way it would work with the 2 bar which puts puts out half the voltage of a 1 bar at the same pressure and i found that TGP's automatically use 22# injectors

1988GTU

Almost done!

Post by 1988GTU »

It should work...  I am wondering about what effects with having a SC vrs TC would have on your platform.  I say use a TGP chip and modify it to your setup.

_________
-------------
Chris88CL

Almost done!

Post by Chris88CL »

That is fantastic.  Really it is.

Dont let all these online racers ruin your accomplishment ;)  I can appreciate how much time and planning goes into these kinds of things.  That is awesome.

Starting off with the $8F (TGP) eprom is a good idea, but you will need to modify it for your application.  You will need the 2 bar MAP sensor and the threaded IAT is a good idea if you dont want it blowing out all the time.  The injectors arent really too big of a deal to get setup so you dont NEED the TGP injectors.  You can go bigger if you want.

leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

i'm already using the threaded iat it fit PERFECTLY into the old brke booster tap location exact same threads.  I think that next week maybe the week after i'll get the MAP, Memcal, and then those 21 pound ACCEL injectors because they are hella cheapi planned to tune the TGP chip just because my idle and PE values will be copletly different but the TGP is a hell of a lot better than the stock chip

leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

Actually this has taken so long that i had time to think of the hundreds of different ways i could do things and stuff that could go wrong (the only good side of being to broke to buy parts) I'm just no good with the years and chips and what ecm's and wiring harnesses they work in and i didn't wan't to screw it up  i actually grabbed the 8f code stuff to find out that the injector's were 22 pound ones i just hate part numbers with a passion.  also can you buy that window weld stuff at an autoparts store or do i need to order it because it flexes the mounts like crazy

rweatherford

Almost done!

Post by rweatherford »

Looks great!  You just need a pulley mounted above your rear bolt on the top motor mount area.  Then a longer belt.  

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

wicked-irocz

Almost done!

Post by wicked-irocz »

DO not buy accel injectors.  They are notorious among the camaro boards for being unreliable.  Some dont even work from the start.  Look into ford racing, Holley, or factory GM.  Just a heads up though, a 21# ford racing will actually be a 22.5# when compared at the same pressures as GM.

Looks good.  Moates makes great stuff, good customer support also.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
IsaacHayes

Almost done!

Post by IsaacHayes »

Awesome! It doesn't stick up that far on the old gen2 it seems! A cowl will probably be decent on there! Are you going to make it extend all the way to the cowl or end right at the end of the cut? The latter would probably work ok, the former would be too high I bet. Or just make some weird bulge or front scoop

Congrats! Get er tuned!

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

i'm thinking of making a real simple full length custom cowl that will end near the back of the hood but will be removable so i can still run without because everyone that sees it it just stopped flat and asks me questions so accel really sucks huh? damn maybe i'll go the junk yard route then because i'm on a tight budget.

TurboGTU

Almost done!

Post by TurboGTU »

Mars uses a centri. super. on his cavi with the 8f code. He seems to LOVE it. He's using Ford red top Super Coupe injectors. I think they are 30lbs or 33 lbs with the gm fuel pressure.

Congrats on making it happen.
Don't worry too much on the belt. I've seen Superchaged Ford SHO with worse belt contact that that.

I've used Gates belts. Other belts just slip off everything and weare out.

88 IMSA Beretta GTU w/McLaren TGP turbo system. Crane 260 cam, Ported heads...Lots more. Soon Bullet proof 3t40.
90 Black Turbo Grand Prix  -- The restoration project.
leadfoot93

Almost done!

Post by leadfoot93 »

yeah the best part is that i got pulled over by a swat team member on patrol driving in my car and he started righting a ticket until he asked me a few questions about it, cursed fart cans tore up the ticket and sent me on my way with a smile.  I love that the cops here only have to ticket you at there discretion.  He even let the fact that i don't have a cat go