Search found 4377 matches

by woody90gtz
Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:43 pm
Forum: Members Rides
Topic: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Replies: 143
Views: 649790

Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.

Pretty stoked I hit 31.2mpg on this last tank. I've been shooting for the 30mpg threshold since brainstorming the car. I enabled lean cruise in the P01 computer to get there, but I'm impressed that it got the job done, regardless. Finally fixed my fuel tank to click off at the pump consistently, so ...
by woody90gtz
Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: what did you do to your ride today?
Replies: 990
Views: 874492

Re: what did you do to your ride today?

The more crap you got, the more crap you gotta take care of.
by woody90gtz
Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:34 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Another Burb project...another GMT400
Replies: 10
Views: 55738

Re: Another Burb project...another GMT400

I have the same problem with a million projects...the years-in-the-making solid axle 5.3 4spd 03 Blazer is still barely started and the LS nv3500 "85 Freebyrd" hasn't been touched. Let's not even talk about the Camaro. This should be cool though. Gotta pull the column lever and I'm gonna g...
by woody90gtz
Sun Sep 13, 2026 8:35 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Another Burb project...another GMT400
Replies: 10
Views: 55738

Re: Another Burb project...another GMT400

Got the Burb looking proper. Right on the cusp of running, but I sprained my wrist yesterday and now I gotta rest it a week and hope this BS doesn't last multiple weeks. https://i.imgur.com/Fu6fJoh.png https://i.imgur.com/xgJhBvK.jpeg https://i.imgur.com/2NpGXE9.jpeg https://i.imgur.com/kSFM03o.jpeg
by woody90gtz
Sun Sep 13, 2026 8:26 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2 potential LS swaps
Replies: 76
Views: 379180

Re: 2 potential LS swaps

Yikes. Holley is interesting. They do a lot of good work with some interesting innovation. But it does seem like they are more worried about profit than quality. The innovation isn't possible without profit, I understand that...but I have gone with cheap China knockoffs of Holley products because I ...
by woody90gtz
Mon Sep 07, 2026 8:56 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Am I blue? No, the new car is though...
Replies: 23
Views: 101826

Re: Am I blue? No, the new car is though...

Some cars make it hard to like them, even when you want to.
by woody90gtz
Mon Sep 07, 2026 8:50 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Camaro paint job...after almost 10 years
Replies: 243
Views: 569409

Re: Camaro paint job...after almost 10 years

The painting part I'm not scared of. I used an hvlp gun for years at work and I did lay the first paint job down on my 91 "SS". The problem is I can't get the body work underneath it good enough for nice paint. No sense blowing money on some nice metallic and clear when the work under it i...
by woody90gtz
Mon Sep 07, 2026 8:46 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2 potential LS swaps
Replies: 76
Views: 379180

Re: 2 potential LS swaps

Yeah, I get distracted with a million things at once, but that's part of the reason I document stuff on YouTube...kind of a live journal and I can go back and remember what's up🤣
That Burb wiring I started in the winter and just dove back into it this week
by woody90gtz
Thu Sep 03, 2026 6:27 pm
Forum: Members Rides
Topic: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Replies: 143
Views: 649790

Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.

I'm only planning on 245/50r15, but that should look pretty wide on a Beretta. I love a concave wheel the best, but a lip is also nice. I'm debating going the AliBaba custom wheels route and supplying my own wheel design to cut. I'm cheap, but custom wheels of my own design would be $2500 well spent...
by woody90gtz
Thu Sep 03, 2026 6:21 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: 2 potential LS swaps
Replies: 76
Views: 379180

Re: 2 potential LS swaps

Haha that Summit sticker is great. Details can chew up so much time, but it's really satisfying when completed. And there's something about wiring that's like meditative. Looking good! I really gotta get back on my hot rod. My house garage is storing so much crap that's not mine right now. Drives me...
by woody90gtz
Wed Aug 26, 2026 10:19 pm
Forum: Members Rides
Topic: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Replies: 143
Views: 649790

Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.

New video with a few updates and a crazy idea underway. Cut 2 inches off the inside of another wheel and adding it to the face of a Z26 wheel. I'll just put these on the back with some fatter tires. Still gotta dial in the runout and weld em, but the initial results look good. I just bought an AC TI...
by woody90gtz
Sat Aug 08, 2026 10:16 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Another Burb project...another GMT400
Replies: 10
Views: 55738

Re: Another Burb project...another GMT400

Been slammed with other projects but I have made a lot of progress. The harness rewiring is completely done aside from the final splices of the PCM circuits that feed back into the main harness (like VSS, tach, etc). Those I'm just waiting until the engine is in so I can splice them at an appropriat...
by woody90gtz
Tue Jul 28, 2026 10:02 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: When Owning a Beretta Just Isn't Challenging Enough... NORTHSTAR!
Replies: 4
Views: 44103

Re: When Owning a Beretta Just Isn't Challenging Enough... NORTHSTAR!

Interested in how you accomplish your Frankenstein flywheel/clutch combo and bell mods. Always looking to learn from others experiences when possible. My current swap looks to be super easy. The SBC clutch I have laying around fits the 4.8/6.0 flywheel I'm using on my 5.3 and the splines are the sam...
by woody90gtz
Tue Jul 28, 2026 9:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: what did you do to your ride today?
Replies: 990
Views: 874492

Re: what did you do to your ride today?

I hear you. Tonight I just finished my double adjustable Viking struts in the Beretta and got it off the lift. That was a bit more work than expected, but imagine that...the coilover conversion engineered for a Camaro isn't a direct swap in a Beretta with a Blazer sway bar and Ram end links. Weird. ...
by woody90gtz
Sun Jun 14, 2026 1:52 am
Forum: Members Rides
Topic: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Replies: 143
Views: 649790

Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.

Fuel tank: perfected. Finally. Been through some revisions...first the stock tank thrown in the trunk to do burnouts! haha Then I designed and built a fully custom stainless steel tank using the original Beretta sending unit and ring with a truck filler welded in. My stainless weld job was a problem...