Search found 267 matches
- Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:56 am
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3400 swap in 96 z26
- Replies: 20
- Views: 107546
Re: 3400 swap in 96 z26
Hello I have a few questions about doin this swap. 1 I know I can use my 96 z26 ecu and wiring harness. But if i get a complete 3400 swap engine tranny ecu and wiring harness can i use it all 2 will the tranny for 3400 be compatable, along with the my existing axless I agree with what heavywoody sa...
- Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:29 am
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3400 swap in 96 z26
- Replies: 20
- Views: 107546
Re: 3400 swap in 96 z26
Another thing. If you want to take only the engine out and leave the trans in, there is a bolt that is really hard to access. To access it, there is a black bracket to the left of the engine, if you are looking in from the passenger side footwell. There's a few bolts holding it to the engine and tra...
- Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:13 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3400 swap in 96 z26
- Replies: 20
- Views: 107546
Re: 3400 swap in 96 z26
I am gonna be attempting the same.swap for my 96 z26. Any other pointers for the swap. I would recommend taking the trans and engine out as one unit. I struggled to get the engine in and out, and getting it mated to the trans was also a big struggle. I would also recommend doing the timing and wate...
- Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 am
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3400 swap in 96 z26
- Replies: 20
- Views: 107546
Re: 3400 swap in 96 z26
I am gonna be attempting the same.swap for my 96 z26. Any other pointers for the swap. I would recommend taking the trans and engine out as one unit. I struggled to get the engine in and out, and getting it mated to the trans was also a big struggle. I would also recommend doing the timing and wate...
- Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:39 pm
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: My Manvan - 2003 Pontiac Montana
- Replies: 8
- Views: 12466
Re: My Manvan - 2003 Pontiac Montana
Ah this is awesome. I always love seeing a simple minivan being turned into so much more. Definetly a goal in my future!
- Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: The Z26 you all wanted to see
- Replies: 121
- Views: 113450
Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see
Put in a starter I rebuilt from my friends 05 grand am. It is so much smaller and lighter its crazy! I weighed them and the original one is 14lbs and the new one is only 7 lbs. Talk about weight reduction [emoji23] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191111/987ac6faa7b44f61de5fcc217351f8ca.jpg Sent f...
- Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:59 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: HOLY 2020 BERETTA.NET CALENDAR VOTING THREAD!
- Replies: 26
- Views: 35305
Re: HOLY 2020 BERETTA.NET CALENDAR VOTING THREAD!
1. 12
2. 13
3. 17
4. 5
5. 11
6. 2
7. 4
8. 10
9. 6
10. 16
11. 18
12. 14
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
2. 13
3. 17
4. 5
5. 11
6. 2
7. 4
8. 10
9. 6
10. 16
11. 18
12. 14
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
- Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: The Z26 you all wanted to see
- Replies: 121
- Views: 113450
Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see
Wow. That's something haha. I do plan to stick around though. I want to own another one in the future as well. What I want is to sell it to somebody who is gonna drive it, not part it out. Its rusty. But I feel that makes it the perfect winter beater. I've already done the 3400 swap so I dont wanna ...
- Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:36 pm
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: The Z26 you all wanted to see
- Replies: 121
- Views: 113450
Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see
Sadly. I think I am planning on selling this soon. So if anyone is interested, it will probably be for sale soon! I just need something that's AWD for college because it snows a lot up in rochester NY.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
- Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:47 am
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: The Z26 you all wanted to see
- Replies: 121
- Views: 113450
Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see
Got it running again after giving it gas and swapping coil pack. I only have a cylinder 2 misfire now, which I'm pretty sure is just a bad plug. I also changed the wire on that cylinder with no change.
This is the last time I buy auto lite plugs
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This is the last time I buy auto lite plugs
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
- Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:48 am
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: The Z26 you all wanted to see
- Replies: 121
- Views: 113450
Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see
Beretta left me stranded on my way to school. Started misfiring again and giving really low power. Same thing that happened when the engine initially blew up. I am low on gas, but I dont think I ran out. I guess at this point, only a new coil pack and gas will tell me what actually happened https://...
- Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:36 pm
- Forum: Performance Mods
- Topic: 3400 swap in 96 z26
- Replies: 20
- Views: 107546
Re: RE: Re: 3400 swap in 96 z26
Thanks! That's my goal now. To just upgrade to better things with more features or a nicer appearanceDOHC_tuner wrote:Nice to see your upgrading! Keep it up!
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
- Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:48 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Just put in new fuel injectors
- Replies: 13
- Views: 16380
Re: Just put in new fuel injectors
Ok just got done testing fuel pressure. Yeah something is up, only 5 psi with the key forward, only goes to 10 psi when attempting to start. Car beguns to cycle when using engine starter fluid into the intake. Its gotta be the FPR or fuel pump. What do you guys think? I should definitely change bot...
- Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:49 pm
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: The Z26 you all wanted to see
- Replies: 121
- Views: 113450
Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see
Heat is fixed! Turns out that the temp door was stuck on peice the heater core attaches to. Once it was readjusted, it works amazing. So happy to have heat back
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
- Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:44 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Replaced heater core, now no heat
- Replies: 14
- Views: 18084
Re: Replaced heater core, now no heat
Fixed it. I first got it nice and hot, then checked the heater core temp. I try not to be stupid all the time so I used and thermometer and it shot right up to like 160 when I decided that it was good. So I knew heater core was working well The issue was that the temp door was getting stuck. It woul...