E36 lights. How to do?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Cam2363

E36 lights. How to do?

Post by Cam2363 »

Does anybody have any info on how to install a set of E36 lights into a Beretta?

How much cutting or modding is needed, if at all. Also is there a bunch of other mods needed to be done, or is it simpler?

Rettax3

Re: E36 lights. How to do?

Post by Rettax3 »

There is a how-to thread on here somewhere, I am pretty sure. My GTU's were a little easier, since I chopped-off the outer lens and didn't have to match it up to the body of the car -I didn't like the nerdy 'wearing glasses' look halo E-36s give the car, but that is just personal preference. Slight grinding or filing of the Beretta's header-panel is necessary, but you don't need the Beemer's headlight brackets at all. A few little strips of sheet-metal screwed in between them did the job nicely for me, but I don't have cool factory-type screw adjustments for the aim. Mine don't shake or vibrate, which would cause a distracting flickering in use, and the Beretta's stock bulbs work in the E36 housings too. Aside from the massive time-loss of actually removing the outer lens, installing the lamps took a couple of hours, working at a casual pace with a power drill and tin-snips. I'll be making another set, likely going into the Yellow Indy. I'll probably keep the second Z-26 looking stock, and all the other Berettas I have already have custom headlights of some fashion, making them unique already. I'll snap a couple of pics for you this weekend if I can make the time.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Re: RE: Re: E36 lights. How to do?

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:There is a how-to thread on here somewhere, I am pretty sure. My GTU's were a little easier, since I chopped-off the outer lens and didn't have to match it up to the body of the car -I didn't like the nerdy 'wearing glasses' look halo E-36s give the car, but that is just personal preference. Slight grinding or filing of the Beretta's header-panel is necessary, but you don't need the Beemer's headlight brackets at all. A few little strips of sheet-metal screwed in between them did the job nicely for me, but I don't have cool factory-type screw adjustments for the aim. Mine don't shake or vibrate, which would cause a distracting flickering in use, and the Beretta's stock bulbs work in the E36 housings too. Aside from the massive time-loss of actually removing the outer lens, installing the lamps took a couple of hours, working at a casual pace with a power drill and tin-snips. I'll be making another set, likely going into the Yellow Indy. I'll probably keep the second Z-26 looking stock, and all the other Berettas I have already have custom headlights of some fashion, making them unique already. I'll snap a couple of pics for you this weekend if I can make the time.
Sounds good! Not sure if I'm going to be doing them yet, but it definetly looks cool. I'm thinking about it in the future when time and money allows

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk