Spring question

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Spring question

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

What's the difference between variable rate and constant rate coil springs, as far as ride quality. I wanna replace the struts and springs in the celebrity cause I'm sick of its all over the road bump effect and the float on a cloud my style is alittle stiffer of a ride kinda hard. My garnet Gtz rides awesome has a nice stiff and I mean stiff ride and when goin over bumps its so stiff you barly feel it such as pot holes, my celebs springs struts on a pot take the whole car on a ride all over the road and I hate that kinda think its a bad strut too on the left side cause everytime it floats in dips in the road the left side hops up in down kinda giving it a roll effect but it does it like 10 seconds after the dip in like a curve

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
Koots

Re: Spring question

Post by Koots »

Progressive springs are the obvious best choice when ride is concerned. They get stiffer, the more they compress, so that you get a soft daily driver spring that doesn't cause you to bottom out over every bump.

Spring quality seems to be increasing though, as I've been researching putting coilovers on my 4WD 2500HD Silverado (IFS w/torsion bars). Most people seem to be running constant rate springs with great results, even in the 750-1000lbs they are reporting incredible results in both ride and handling.