Baby seat anchor

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.

Baby seat anchor

Post by Guest »

Just wondering im driving a 90 GT and am almot 6 monthes pregnant was wondering if the beretta is like the sunbird when it comes to the baby seat anchor, I need one, its the law and was wondering if there ir already a made place i can drill up through and just insert the anchor like you can in the sunbird?? If anyone can explain how and what to use to install the anchor i would appreciate it. Thanks

whitetalonb16g

Baby seat anchor

Post by whitetalonb16g »

most anchors that i've seen are on the top by the rear deck lid. My girl has a 2003 Hyundai Elantra and it has them both on the rear deck lid. If it were me and I was going to fab a new or better design, I would anchor it at the strut tower almost like you would mount an aftermarket 5point harness.

Baby seat anchor

Post by Guest »

well see, it doesnt have an anchor at all but one of the guys at work was saying that there is a peice you drill out and the boltand anchor fit right in but i havent been able to find what he means by that.

Baby seat anchor

Post by Guest »

I think my 90 GTZ has an anchor installed in it.  I'm out of town with my Jeep so I can't go look.  I think it is mounted in the centre and is bolted through a hole in between the rear speakers.  I might be mistaken though.  Your best bet is to ask the dealer or even the local police.  Either one should be able to tell you or give you the best advice.

Jeff P

Baby seat anchor

Post by Jeff P »

Yup, it's called a top strap kit.  There are different ones for the different seating positions including the front, and you can get them from the dealer for about $11.  The kit for the center rear seating position should be the same for all years, so the part number would be 10099301.  FYI Canadian Berettas came with the top strap kit already included in the glovebox

Edit:  Oh, and here's an installation pic from the 1991 factory manual.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi